Corsair Community

K70 Profile at Boot

Greetings:

I have a K70 RGB keyboard and Scimitar RGB mouse attached to my Win7 Pro 64-bit computer. The way I understand CUE, the default profile that has been saved to device memory should be the profile (basic lighting) that is active when the computer boots. According to CUE, my default profile is set such that all keys are red except for the WASD and arrow keys, which are white. HOWEVER, when my computer boots, the keys are red while the WASD and arrow keys are pinkish. I'm confused, because when I get into CUE to fix things, everything looks ok and I don't know what to change.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

You need to save the profile to device memory. This is different than setting a profile as "default" and should be a separate option under the "hamburger" style options menu.

If the profile is saved to device memory and there's something amiss with the profile stored onboard, I'd contact corsair's technical support. If you wanted to further troubleshoot, you could make a new profile and assign only static lighting (no animation, nothing complex) and try again.

Finally got a chance to try this. Made a new profile where all keys except the WASD & arrows were the same color and those keys were white. Saved it to device memory and now when the computer boots and shuts down, that's the profile that's running. Guess in all my messing around the "stock" profile got corrupted in some fashion. The only thing left is to double check to see if the intensity set in the profile is 100% or 33% like I wanted. During boot/shutdown the intensity goes full-on.

Archived