Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 5185 temperature question

sashindor

Hi, I had bad luck with my last machine's cooler not working and had to get it replaced via RMA. This new machine seems fine, according to the cpu temps ect everything running around 60 degrees while gaming. My question is this:

Why is the glass on top of the case alarming hot while I am playing a game? Is this just due to exhaust? As I said the temperatures on the CPU and GPU are not skyrocketing at all. It's really just the hand touch on the top of the machine itself. It seems way too hot.

I am going to assume you are in the 280X case shown for the product when I search it on Corsair's site. If you look in iCUE at your H100i Pro/Platinum Temp, that is the coolant temperature. Radiator exhaust temp will be approximately equal to coolant temperature. Obviously glass isn't all that breathable, so if you continuously blow 40C air at the glass, it will also run about 40C. That is a bit warm to the touch.

I am guessing on your temps, but that is probably within a few degrees for that set-up. You can report back and we can look. Also, it is somewhat hidden, but there is a Vengeance PC sub-forum below where you might find more specific information, although frankly I am not sure how many of us pass by that.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=302