Corsair Community

CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 Won't post at 2000 Mhz

atinoco

Got my new motherboard and memory today, I was hoping to get the system running quickly at full speed (with the ram at DDR3-2000) using just the XMP profile, but the system fails to POST using just the XMP profile. I noticed that the XMP profile/bios didn't increase the QPI Volts (it's still at stock around 1.2 if I remember correctly), I read that that in order to reach memory speeds of 1600Mhz and 2000Mhz the bios settings needs some further tweaks, I was hoping that since this ram is on Motherboard QVL List the bios would set everything for me using the XMP profile, this doesn't seem to be the case though.

anybody got any suggestions for correct bios settings to get my ram running at 2000 Mhz

thanks in advance

-Andres

Try manually setting all the timings as specified in SPD. What's not in SPD, set to Auto. Change frequency to 2000Mhz. And set the ram voltage to 1.65v. Might have to set it to 1.64v or 1.66v coz i think rampage boards don't have 1.65v as a manual setting (not confirmed, that's just what i heard about rampage boards).

Thanks

just loaded XMP and then set the missing settings (completed SPD) manually, used this JPG from CPUTweaker as reference

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5431/referencia.jpg

then I was able to get my system stable with 1.5V at QPI/VTT voltage, still need to do thorough testing, only done 2 hours of IntelBurn Test so far, but it's looking good

thanks for the help

Archived