Corsair Community

Internal Parity Errors?

MrPace

I was looking at my event viewer, and I noticed 28 of these warnings dating back to mid november (it doesn't go back any further, so there might have been more, who knows).

The error is this:

Event 19, WHEA-Logger

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Corrected Machine Check

Error Type: Internal parity error

Processor APIC ID: 2

The details view of this entry contains further information.

The Processor APIC ID changes among the errors...sometimes it's 0, 2, 4 or 6. There are more 4s than any other number though.

I usually get one every couple of days.

How concerned should I be? My C1 Pro 1080TI seems to be running just fine otherwise. I wouldn't have known about this unless I looked at the Event Viewer (which I'm sure a lot of people never do).

That's unusual. I'd say just kind of keep an eye on your system. If everything else seems stable it may be fine, but if you start having issues with instability go ahead and contact us.
Do you know what this particular error means and how/why it's generated.

After some brief research, it seems it may point to undervoltage or overvoltage (can't remember which).

What exactly is going on in the processor to generate something like this? And why?

• Corsair Employee
We'll have to look further into this, right now me and CORSAIR Dustin are out of the office currently so it may take some time for us to get you an answer. But as Dustin advised, keep an eye out for any issues and we'll work to get your unit resolved.

Archived