Corsair Community

Air 240 GPU compatibility

hjkv

I am currently thinking of buying an Air 240, which I want to use with external watercooling. Inside will probably be an Asus Maximus VII Gene with a 4690K.

I want to keep my current graphics cards, which are HD7950's, fitted with the old "PSC"-style EK waterblocks. The W/C terminals on these blocks stick out about 20mm from the card's PCB (the PCB is standard width)

Now, my question is: will these cards fit in the Air 240? Or are they to high/wide?

How much room is there from the top of a standard width PCIe card to the side panel of the case?

Thank you for your reply. So there is 25mm from the PCI bracket to the side panel?

My PCB sticks out 3-4mm from that and then there is the window itself...

Could you maybe try to measure the distance from the edge of your PCB to the side panel?

Much obliged :)

I'm not sure how I can measure to the inside of the window once the door is installed. Looking at the inside of the door from the 80mm fan grill in the back, it looks like the inside of the windows is roughly even with the edge of the case.

This probably doesn't matter anyway. The first thing the card may run into is the clamp for the PCI brackets.

It looks like ~20mm to the inside edge of the clamp

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/3673/H1Ambf.jpg

Here is the same view without the ruler to show the relationship between the bracket clamp and the side of the case.

http://imageshack.com/a/img903/9420/7VKSyc.jpg

Sorry for the LED bar, but it's a pain to remove it.

Hopefully this will help.

This does indeed help. The water cooling terminal is about halfway down the card, so the PCI brackets aren't an issue. It looks like I have about 25mm to the edge of the case, so that should work no problem.

Thanks a lot! I think I can order my air 240 now along with a motherboard and CPU :-)

I'm not sure how I can measure to the inside of the window once the door is installed.

Unless maybe I put the ruler, (or an object of know length) inside the case a closed the door!!!:eek:

An idea so crazy it just might work.

Yes, I can confirm that it is almost exactly 25mm from the edge of the video card PCB to the inside of the window.

Archived