Corsair Community

H80i pumping slow, red glowing light on logo

kroltan

Hello, I recently bought a H80i, since the place I live is quite hot and AMD processors have quite a fame of generating a lot of heat, installed it correctly, with both fans sending air into the case, etc, just like the (poorly written) setup guide says. I went up to boot the computer. The fans were incredibly loud (though it seems that if I install Corsair Link I can adjust that) and it turns off after a few minutes, the CPU temperature (idle on BIOS) starts at 40°C, then keeps increasing at 1°C every about 2 seconds, until it reaches 75°C, where the computer preventively turns itself off. After that, I opened the case to see of the pump and fans were working, fans were OK (at ~6300RPM, by the way) pump seemed ok, since it appeared to vibrate when touched. However, the Corsair logo ontop of the pump was slowly glowing from off to red. I triple-checked all connections, tried a different SATA power plug, rebooted the PC and still the same. Boot, ~1min up, sudden shutdown at 75°C.

My room temperature is around 30°C

Hello, sorry for the late response. I did buy a new paste and reapplied it with a plastic (non-magnetic) card, then remounted the pump unit. Same effects as before. Also, to correct, my PSU is 550W, not 500W (also corrected the forum specs).

I am in the process of sending the product back to the store (seeing I can still ask for a new one, since it's on warranty) and they will hopefully send me a brand new one, give me credit to choose another product, or deny and return it to me.

Archived