The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2019, 06:25 PM
Charcon767's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021381
Charcon767 Reputation: 10

Does anyone know what is wrong with my fan... I've had this problem for a few months and I never got around to looking into it until now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LL 120 Fan.JPG (2.16 MB, 13 views)

Old 10-15-2019, 09:34 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021390
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Is it the last one on the fan hub?
It's likely that the LEDs are bad.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:18 AM
Fwashy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021430
Fwashy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
You can run more than 4.5A from a single PSU cable. You cannot run more than 4.5A from a single SATA connector (so no splitters!).
I am absolutely pulling more than 4.5A on a single 5V line from the PSU. So are many others. PSU cable is typically 18 Gauge, which will handle that just fine. It's the SATA connector, however, that's only rated for 4.5A and may melt if you pull more current through it.
One thing, however, to look out for is the total rating on the 5V rail on your PSU. These vary by PSU but seldom exceed 20A. This does present a challenge to systems with a lot of RGB - IMHO, Corsair should come out with series of PSUs with something like 50A on the 5V rail.
Dev you have eased my mind beyond belief :).
That means I have not damaged my fans due to overloading 5v rail.
I'm sure the AX1600i's 5v rail is rated to 30A which I'm almost sure I can't be exceeding unless the COPROS are pulling from that rail too

If it's not overloading then Im still baffled as to why I lost 5 RGB fans so quickly and roughly around the same time.
Thank you guys for giving the time to reply to me.

Old 10-17-2019, 02:58 AM
Fwashy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021533
Fwashy Reputation: 10

Could heat cause the LEDs to go faulty cause I had one hell of a warm summer here and my room easily hit the 30 celsius mark and the radiators in this monster to which the fans are attached must have gotten mega toasty?

Old 10-17-2019, 06:14 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021543
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

No, that level of heat won’t do it. I am at 28-30C in the room for 5 months and while my case is breezy, there are plenty of people with hot boxes that sit at 50C all the time. Heat certainly can kill LEDs, but I don’t think you are there and there is not a physical change point like “50C compound X melts and the LED fails”. They would not all drop off at the same time.

When you loose that many fans at the same time, it reads like an electrical issue. We might not figure out exactly what happened, but assessing how everything is wired needed to be the first step.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:48 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1021609
Corsair Mike Reputation: 10

Hi Fwashy,

I would submit a ticket on our support page. They will be able to walk you through a bunch of troubleshooting steps and that would get you set up if an RMA is needed.

You can always try uninstalling iCUE and clearing the %appdata% of corsair folders then reinstalling. This would let you check if its software related. If that doesn't fix it and swapping around the hubs doesn't fix it, then Corsair Tech Support would be your best bet.

Support.corsair.com