Corsair Community

XC7 AMD CPU Block Cleaning and maintenance

tomcoleman

• Corsair Employee

Yes, it's also possible to take it apart and clean it with a soft brush but I would advise against doing so if not really necessary.

A flush with distilled water (in reversed flow configuration) should be enough to remove the bits stuck on micro fins.

To set up for a reverse flow configuration you would need to put the liquid from the opposite side, using dedicated outlet port to connect the inlet tube. Then fill up with distilled and gently blow into the tube.

Of course, do remove the CPU water block from the system prior to doing so.

Yes, it's also possible to take it apart and clean it with a soft brush but I would advise against doing so if not really necessary.

A flush with distilled water (in reversed flow configuration) should be enough to remove the bits stuck on micro fins.

To set up for a reverse flow configuration you would need to put the liquid from the opposite side, using dedicated outlet port to connect the inlet tube. Then fill up with distilled and gently blow into the tube.

Of course, do remove the CPU water block from the system prior to doing so.

thanks i think ive im going to take the time/trouble to remove fixtures & fittings and hardline pipe, might as well remove the CPU block dismantel and clean with a soft brush :eek: