Corsair Community

Corsair one Pro (Intel i7-7700K,GTX 1080) video card removal/replacement

inkydink

Hi. I believe my video card is broken as the video card reaches over 75 degrees during game play and stress test.

I want to replace with the same video card. I managed to disconnect everthing I can see, however, the video card just pivots. I'm not sure if its hooked in place or screwed in place.

Does anyone know if you can remove the video card without removing the motherboard on the other side (to possibly unscrew the video card or something else)?

Does anyone have a link to a tutorial or steps to removal of the video card?

If anyone has any other ideas as to why the video card is overheating, please let me know.

Thanks

Hi. Thanks for responding. You didnt have to remove the Hard Drive encasement did you? The hard drive is easy to remove, and the cables can be moved out of the way, however, the Hard Drive encasement (or holder) is in the way when I try to rotate out the video card. Any info is great.

Thanks again.

Dont think it's your card man. You should get Link 4.4.4.9 I got the same setup as u unless I'm missing something. I also have 7700k with 1080gtx. I had same heat problem also. I just repasted and reseated the GPU cooler and now have temps better then ever.

If the cooler is slightly mispositioned on the GPU, you'll get those high temps. The setup securing the cooler to the GPU isnt very secure, I would absolutely repaste and reset the cooler first.

Edited by zguy85

• 2 months later...