Corsair Community

[QUESTION] CPU/GPU Temperature Monitoring in iCUE

QuarterLife

Hi there, is it still possible to set auto shutdown and LED changes based on CPU/GPU core temperature? I was using that feature in Link and I can't seem to find anything similar in iCUE, except for things like my H110i's pump speed or reservoir temperature.

Thanks!

There's a Temperature lighting effect that can change lighting color based on temp, but I'm not sure what component it's sensing. For the cooler, there's a notification tab on the left where you can set auto shutdown, led's, fans, or a program to run at a specified temp, but again, I'm not sure what it's sensing. Odds are it's the pump? But maybe that can be added in a later version of CUE.

In the "Notifications" section, you prompt the system to do a variety of things when you reach a certain temperature threshold. This ranges from mild stuff like turning all the LEDs red to a full system shutdown after a specified interval. I have not used it before in any of the prior versions, so I can't add much to specific utility.

In the "Notifications" section, you prompt the system to do a variety of things when you reach a certain temperature threshold. This ranges from mild stuff like turning all the LEDs red to a full system shutdown after a specified interval. I have not used it before in any of the prior versions, so I can't add much to specific utility.

Yeah that's what I'm looking at. It looks exactly like the feature did in Link, however unlike Link I'm only able to set it on sensors for a given device, and cannot make one directly for CPU Package or GPU temp. Did it get removed, or is it hidden somewhere and I'm blind?

No, it looks like the triggers are limited to device specific sensors like coolant temperature or the temp probes from a Commander Pro. It does not look like you can do it from motherboard specific sensor values. I am not sure if you could before or not, but I can see where that might be problematic on Asus boards with their embedded controller and other quirks.

No, it looks like the triggers are limited to device specific sensors like coolant temperature or the temp probes from a Commander Pro. It does not look like you can do it from motherboard specific sensor values. I am not sure if you could before or not, but I can see where that might be problematic on Asus boards with their embedded controller and other quirks.

You could in Link. The feature had a sensor dropdown instead of being click-to-apply like in iCUE, and CPU/GPU/Mobo Sensors/Hard Drive Temps/etc were all available options.

Sad to see it go, it was a nice way to have a temp safety shutdown without installing another piece of software.

It may come back, particularly if people express an interest in that aspect. CUE 3/iCUE is still in early release phase. More features to come with more integration for existing hardware. Obviously there was a specific tie in with the release date.

• Corsair Employee

This feature is present in iCUE.

It's possible that the CLink4Service may be stopped for whatever reason. Close iCUE, start the service back up, then start iCUE again and see if that resolves this.

It's possible that the CLink4Service may be stopped for whatever reason. Close iCUE, start the service back up, then start iCUE again and see if that resolves this.

Where do I go to find it?

This is the only way I've found to make a notification/auto shutdown, and the only selectable options are the sensors directly related to the device.

https://i.imgur.com/5B7vv8V.png

https://i.imgur.com/pOHlyUX.png

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey there, just wanted to check if it's possible to setup CPU/GPU notifications to auto shutdown at certain temperature thresholds. Seems notifications are linked to each Corsair device, but not available for CPU/GPU - am I mistaken? Where to find that option? I see the devices in Dashboard of ICUE but no notification option there.

Thanks

Archived