Corsair Community

H110i cooler in Corsair Carbide compatibility question.

Vapix

I'm currently running a case, I've run into issues with a NZXT Source 210 I believe. So, basically purchased the H110i cooler hoping it would work for my computer case, turns out it doesn't (not Corsairs problem, just my own stupidity) But, was curious. I'm running a MSI SLI Krait motherboard, does anyone know if the H110i 230mm radiator and fans would fit inside the case with it if I bought the spec-alpha instead? I want to mount it on either the top or front, sorry if I'm not specific enough. In the NZXT I can't mount it up front because I can't remove the bracket holding the HDDs and I can't mount it up top because the ram blocks me from fitting the H110i. So, I'd like to know if buying the Corsair Carbide Spec-Alpha will remedy my issue. (Sorry if I'm in the wrong place, I think I'm in the right place)

A lot of this may depend on whether you mean the 280mm H110i or the 240mm H100i v2. The Spec Alpha series is too narrow for 280mm coolers and a 240mm would be front mount only. I am not sure that brings much advantage to your current position. There a lot of medium and not overly large cases that can fit a 280mm, but width tends to be the key.

A lot of this may depend on whether you mean the 280mm H110i or the 240mm H100i v2. The Spec Alpha series is too narrow for 280mm coolers and a 240mm would be front mount only. I am not sure that brings much advantage to your current position. There a lot of medium and not overly large cases that can fit a 280mm, but width tends to be the key.

I bought the 280MM H110i I'm going to end up buying the Corsair Crystal 460x RGB, seems to be the most roomy case that can fit 360mm radiator

OK, but know the 460X can only fit a 280mm in the front and that means losing the somewhat signature look of the front 3x120 LED fans. It also will be shallow at the top. It is possible to fit a 240mm, but again RAM height and VRM heat sinks become an issue. The as of yet released 360mm should fit in the front, but there is no firm release date.

You may also want to look at the 570x if you like the 460. It will not solve your 280mm problem and has the same limitations as the 460. However, it does provide more room up top and might offer more flexibility down the line.

Thought I could use the 460 with the h110i, someone did it here https://pcpartpicker.com/b/KVqkcf he said he has 3 stock 120 with 2 extra bought 120mm with the h110i. The Corsair website also says it's compatible with 140/280/360mm rads. I've already ordered it, did I make a mistake? someone also said you could fit a h110i up top if you have low profile ram, because the top has high clearance if the front didn't work out.

Thought I could use the 460 with the h110i, someone did it here https://pcpartpicker.com/b/KVqkcf he said he has 3 stock 120 with 2 extra bought 120mm with the h110i. The Corsair website also says it's compatible with 140/280/360mm rads. I've already ordered it, did I make a mistake? someone also said you could fit a h110i up top if you have low profile ram, because the top has high clearance if the front didn't work out.

Also, another additive to what I just said, wanted to stay under a certain budget when getting a case because I was using bestbuy reward points, had like 80$ of it. So, only paid 64.19 for the case gladly, and if I'm going to have fan issues for the front half don't want to spend more to expand the issue, hopefully when this comes in it will work out good! From the looks of it, people have done it before. so I'm hoping it does. Also, from the looks of it someone else did a mount with a 280mm to a 120mm fan https://pcpartpicker.com/b/6dnH99

No, I am afraid what the first partpicker has pictured is the 240mm H100i v2 or GTX and this is not an uncommon mistake with the similar naming scheme. You absolutely cannot put a 280mm radiator up top on a 460 and a 240mm would be very conditional as well. However, all is not lost. You can absolutely use a 280mm on the front intake, you just won't have the 3 LED fans. There are a couple of people who got into this same situation and mounted the H110i behind the 3x120 LED and then the included 2x140 on the exhaust side of the radiator. The front fans are most there for aesthetic reasons and you keep their speed low. The back side 140's do most of the work getting air through. There are a couple of threads talking about it, but I am not sure anyone detailed the process. The front rail has slots instead of screw holes, so you only need some longer mounting screws to hang the radiator. You will not be able to hang it directly on the 120's. The second partpicker page appears to show this, without the 2x140. I do not know how efficient or effective it will be with mismatched fans, but it should be functional.

I think he used regular mounting screws, and it worked due to the size difference, he just only mounted in four locations instead of 8? I believe? What I was going to do is I was going to mount the fans in a pull configuration against the 3 120s, then mount the two 140s on the opposite side of the radiator. Much like this https://s19.postimg.org/67tof0s83/IMG_0229.jpg except with 3 120s

Archived