Corsair Community

Pump specs of H110i?

hoeman

Hi, to any Corsair employees reading this, could you provide the pump specs of the H110i?

Also, to any other users of the H110i, could you provide your pump speed in Quiet and Performance mode?

I wasn't able to get much information about the H110i from Google / this forum, but given that the H110i is essentially a rebranding of the H110i GT, my research has led me to conclude that I should be seeing 2280-2300 RPM in Quiet mode, and 3000-3200 RPM in Performance mode. My own experience, however, differs when it comes to Performance mode. Sure, in Quiet mode, my H110i was reporting ~2300 RPM through Corsair Link, but in Performance mode, my H110i was only reporting a paltry ~2700 RPM through Corsair Link.

Help?

Also, to any other users of the H110i, could you provide your pump speed in Quiet and Performance mode?

My H110iGT is 2324 + 3029 and I though you might like as below.

I would expect the H110iGT + H110i to be the same and guess time will tell.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26008&stc=1&d=1469733962

1077073448_H110iGTPumpPWMvs_RPM.png.8822b09db59f872009b5de632bf9f516.png

Hey red-ray, let me know what your friend gets on his H110i. I find it odd that my unit runs at such a low rpm even in performance mode. I wonder if it'd cool better if I were able to get 3000 rpm instead of ~2770.

Not likely. Typically in these types of short length cooling systems, the flow rate is not the limiting factor. When you start building a mutli-component, longer length custom loop, then pump speed and pressure become a little more important. However, you can test this yourself by comparing whatever load you choose across the Quiet and Performance pump modes. I am not sure anyone has reported a meaningful difference. You would need a very long duration load or an intense amount of internal case heat before the cycle rate became a limiting factor.

I don't think they publish a standard acceptable variance on the pump speeds anymore. +-10% is fairly common. So what's better: the under-speed pump that is quiet? Or the over-speed pump that is loud? I know which I would prefer.

Archived