Corsair Community

H110i GTX connections

Docnessuno

Hello everyone

I recently purchased an H110i GTX AiO cooler for my rig, and I'm wondering how to set it up wih my motherboard (ASUS maximum VIII Hero).

The motherboard comes with 3 dedicated 4-pin CPU cooling connectors (W_PUMP, CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT). Ideally I would like all fans to be software-controlled from the motherboard. (As a side note, I'm also wondering why the cooler ships with 2 apparently PWR fans and one of the suggested connectors for them has 4 pins, while the other has 3).

Would connecting the fans to the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT seats with the pump attached to the W_PUMP one cause any problems? Should i use the usb connector at all with this setup?

What to do with all the unused cables sprouting from the CPU block? how would you tidy em up?

I have exactly the same problem as you Docnessuno, same cooler and same mobo. I was making good headway with the build today until I noticed the connectors on the H110i GTX are male instead of female so they will not connect to the CPU_FAN and W_PUMP on the mobo.

I been trying to find adapters with no luck, no Molex to 4pin & 3pin female for 12v connection, so my build has come to a standstill, any advice Corsair?

From the UK here in case connectors are different in other countries.

On a splitter, you only need/want 1 tachometer lead for the pair of fans. That is the missing pin from your cable. The 12+, ground, and PWM pin are on both connectors, and 1 tachometer. On a 3 pin DC splitter, it would be 2 and 3 pins (no PWM and still 1 tach for the pair).

I haven't had the chance to delve into the manual for the new Z170, but your W_Pump to pump, and CPU/OPT for the fans should be the way, if you are trying to bypass link. In that configuration you don't need the USB, however if you wish to have some LED control you may want to hook it up and install LINK, but set it not to run on start-up. It will then be available to you as a launch/change color/quit option.

If you want to run the fan from the Pump block and through LINK, you will need to attach them to the block and may need to run the pump tachometer line to CPU FAN. I don't now if the W_Pump header is programmed to defeat the usual CPU FAN error if something is not present on that header. If you figure that out, please post. This is a common question on the new boards.

I have exactly the same problem as you Docnessuno, same cooler and same mobo. I was making good headway with the build today until I noticed the connectors on the H110i GTX are male instead of female so they will not connect to the CPU_FAN and W_PUMP on the mobo.

I been trying to find adapters with no luck, no Molex to 4pin & 3pin female for 12v connection, so my build has come to a standstill, any advice Corsair?

From the UK here in case connectors are different in other countries.

There are tiny little black plastic caps on the end of the connectors. Just slide them off. Unfortunately, you are the 1,000,001 person do this, so no prize. The last guy got a refrigerator. Hopefully that was the only reason for Molex adapters. I wouldn't want the fans on full blast.

There are tiny little black plastic caps on the end of the connectors. Just slide them off. Unfortunately, you are the 1,000,001 person do this, so no prize. The last guy got a refrigerator. Hopefully that was the only reason for Molex adapters. I wouldn't want the fans on full blast.

Thanks for your reply, but yes I am aware of the plastic cap connection type but they do not appear on the H110i GTX, or at least one mine.

Apologies for the blurriness taken with phone. One is a 4 pin and the other is a 3 pin. There is also a sata power lead and another cable I am aware of but it is the lack of connection of the two fan type male connectors below I am stuck on.

http://i.imgur.com/v274I9G.jpg

That end is where you plug in your two SP140L fans, if you are going to run them from the block under LINK control. If you are going to run the fans from the motherboard and use BIOS or AI Suite, you don't need that connector and can tuck it away.

SATA cable for power. USB for is necessary for LINK software control or pump light control. 3 pin female is the tachometer for motherboard reporting. Likely needs to be on either CPU_FAN or the W_PUMP header.

http://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/content/7/3/7320_11_corsair-hydro-h110i-gtx-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler-review.jpg

• 2 months later...

Would connecting the fans to the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT seats with the pump attached to the W_PUMP one cause any problems? Should i use the usb connector at all with this setup?

So the answers to the above questions were:

Yes the fans go to CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT and the pump goes to W_PUMP?

Don't use the USB connector if you're going to be controlling the from bios/AI?

Does that look right?

Archived