Corsair Community

Corsair Link Devices: What the Hell??

Safado

Hello guys,

Finally got the time to use my corsair devices.

I was able to Upgrade the following FW:

Corsair link software: 2.2.0

H100i using now the 1.05

Commander: 2.06

Everything so far, so good, However

The Cooling node is using the FW 1.1.12 and I cant update the FW using the corsair link 1.2.7 or the 2.2.0!!

Also, my 860i DOES NOT SHOW AT ALL!

I'd like to Flash the new FW for the cooling node and find out, why i cant see my 860i

Current configutration as this:

H100i connected straight to the usb header

Commander connected to the 2nd susn header

Cooling node connected to the commander

860i connected to the commander.

When I try to Flash the new FW for the cooling kit (1.2.5) It does not show the cooling kit option to update the FW at all!

Have i Brick my Commander at all? And why the 860i does not show at all??

Thanks a lot!

Edit: I think now why the 860i does not shows up.

I have tried using the Corsair Link Digital interface cable from the psu to the commander, Same thing, does not show up.

I have tried using the Corsair Link Digital interface cable from the psu to the usb dongle (had to unplugged the commander) Still not showing up.

I have checked the cable and then i remembered that accidently removed the 4 pins where the little black connector is!!! I was trying to pull it off from the dongle and the 4 little pins came out without the little black bracket

Where can i buy a Corsair Link Digital interface cable?????

More Edit: Finally, I was able to flash the FW for the cooling mode, I had to installed the 2.1.1 version of corsair link.

After that, Flashed the corsair cooling mode to the current FW of 1.2.5, No problems so far.

In regards of the faulty cable, I managed to put it back together again, and now It does shows at the Corsair Link 2.20, however It does shows as AX760I, when in fact I've got a AX860I!!

This is weird!! I reckon it's because of the cable I stuffed up.

Cant find any spare cable like that without buying a brand new PSU :S!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

And you will need to use the latest version of the software to update the cooling nodes or go back to Version 2.1.1 as mentioned here

In addition and more importantly do not update the firmware on the cooling nodes unless you are using 3rd party fans.

And you will need to use the latest version of the software to update the cooling nodes or go back to Version 2.1.1 as mentioned here

In addition and more importantly do not update the firmware on the cooling nodes unless you are using 3rd party fans.

RAM GUY are you guys able to reproduce the issue with the SP120 fans and the 1.2.5 firmware? I'm referring to the whirring noise.

If you are still having issues and haven't figured out how to access the devices you have plugged into your CorsairLink commander, try this. There should be a triangle beside the commander that you can click which then will expand to show all the devices attached to the commander.

You can't go back to FW 1.1.12 for the Cooling Node as there isn't a FW update file available online.

FW 1.19 is for the Commander Unit if he was to downgrade, that would also mean his AXi PSU and H100i won't be seen in the 1.X.X SW.

• Corsair Employee
At this time I dont have the firmware 1.1.12 for the cooling node I can give out but I will check with Cool Guy and see if we can send it to you. In the mean time I would just connect those SP12- Fans to a MB fan header and request an RMA for the Cooling node and let me know the case number.

Archived