Corsair Community

Corsair QL Fan setup

Carlosfootball

Hey,

Yeah would like fan rpm control also. I saw the commander pro has support for 6 fans on it so would I need 2 as I will have 10 fans? or do I just need splitters to connect 2 fans per channel?

Sorry for the silly questions just not clued up on this.

Regards

Edited by Carlosfootball

to add. we always advise running AIO radiator fans off of the AIO its self.. this ensures correct operation of your cooling system regardless of OS and other software/hardware.

the only downside is you will have to use GB's software to control the AIO pump/fans.. the rest will be in iCUE

well in that case... and i must inform that its not supported by Corsair... use one PWM y splitter.. the Copro can cope with 7 fans with no trouble.. it would just mean the fan it is paired with would appear as a single fan in iCUE

commander pro specs

1, Sata Powered (none Removable) with 4.5a Limit for the entire unit... this includes its MCU as well as a 1a limit per fan header. (note.Not Officially supported but there is no reason why you can not use Fan header Splitter cables but its been noted triple fan splitters cause issues) imho no more that 8 fans in total.

2, Connects via USB Header (none Removable)

3, Has 2 USB headers

4, 2 LED channels. Each channel supports a single RGB Fan Hub or up to 4 strips in LINK and 6 Strips Limit in iCue

5, 4 Temp Probe Channels and 4 Supplied Probes

6, Comes with 2 RGB data connection cables for RGB Fan LED Hubs.

7, Allows RGB/Fan RPM Control & System Monitoring via Corsair iCue/LINK

8, The LED on the Commander Pro will Flash green upon boot and any time it communicates with the Host PC.. it will go Red when in Boot loader Mode or has a communications Error. it is not illuminated normally

9, Auto Detected in iCUE

Edited by Zotty

• 2 weeks later...

Question: On the Aorus AIO the pumps RGB connectors are tiny compared to the size of the RGB connectors coming from my Corsair QL fans so I cant connect them up. I can connect the normal fan connectors to control RPM etc.

Are there adapters I can get for this or do I have to plug the Corsair RGB connectors into a daisy chain cable and connect them to my ARGB header on my Motherboard or can I just use a 4pin to 3pin adaptor to connect the QL fans to the Pump controls?

Hope that made sense

Regards

Edited by Carlosfootball

Question: On the Aorus AIO the pumps RGB connectors are tiny compared to the size of the RGB connectors coming from my Corsair QL fans so I cant connect them up. I can connect the normal fan connectors to control RPM etc.

Are there adapters I can get for this or do I have to plug the Corsair RGB connectors into a daisy chain cable and connect them to my ARGB header on my Motherboard or can I just use a 4pin to 3pin adaptor to connect the QL fans to the Pump controls?

It's highly unlikely that pre-built adapters are available but it may be possible to make them. What do the connectors from the Aorus AIO look like?

Note, however, that you'd not be able to control them via iCUE, you may overload the power delivery from the connector AND it may not light the entire fan up ... it's doubtful that it'll provide signal to light up all of the LEDs in the QL fans. Really, you're better off sticking with the Corsair ecosystem.

Well this is what the Aorus Fan connectors look like:

6461e47dbda7519c9c88e0e2e2af992c.jpg

As you can see the ARGB connector is a small 3 pin one whereas the Corsair QL is obv a bigger 4 pin one.

Not sure if you can see but the cable on its own right at the top left of the picture is where the ARGB connector plugs in which is obv too small for the QL RGB connector to fit into.

c27128309e1d85358c2bb8cf01826569.jpg

Guessing I may have to ditch the 3 QL fans then and install the stock Aorus ones to get it to work properly.

So you mean just ignore those connectors and connect the ARGB connectos from them 3 fans to a Node Core? (and leave the PWM connectors connected to the Pump so that can control the speed of the fans?) and then the node core to the commander pro? I have 10 QL fans in total so will have to use 2 x Node Cores connected to a Commander pro I believe.