Corsair Community

iCue default curves for fan speed, how it work?

Renji

Hi,

I have two questions about iCue software with Commander PRO.

For your information, I come from LINK software and I like this software :p:

I know we can create custom curves for fan speed and for it we can choose a temperature sensor but:

- How to run all fan to 100% speed when one temperature sensor reach a specified temperature? on LINK we can do that.

For example, If HDD, or SSD or CPU ... sensor reach 40C, I want all FAN run to 100% speed.

- Default curves is not based on a specified temperature sensor, so how it work?

For example, QUIET curve for Commander PRO is based on all temperature sensors? How iCue use these default curves?

thank you for your help.

Hi,

I have two questions about iCue software with Commander PRO.

For your information, I come from LINK software and I like this software :p:

I know we can create custom curves for fan speed and for it we can choose a temperature sensor but:

- How to run all fan to 100% speed when one temperature sensor reach a specified temperature? on LINK we can do that.

For example, If HDD, or SSD or CPU ... sensor reach 40C, I want all FAN run to 100% speed.

You can only do that with one of the CoPro's temp sensors (under notifications). Unfortunately, you cannot do it with any sensor value, just the CoPro's sensors.

- Default curves is not based on a specified temperature sensor, so how it work?

For example, QUIET curve for Commander PRO is based on all temperature sensors? How iCue use these default curves?

thank you for your help.

As with Link, they are based on CPU Package. And, as with Link, they aren't the most useful fan curves. Custom curves are definitely recommended.

Hi,

While you can't set a separate warning notification (and fan response) to something like GPU temperature, you can still make your control curve for that set of fans go to 100% at 80C or your target temperature. Two or more fans at 100% is usually enough to draw your attention, headphones or not. Typically when you break thresholds like that, it is not a case temperature problem, so full fan speed from all isn't going to alter the current state of affairs anyway.

Thank you for your answers.

For me, make fan to 100% speed when one sensor reach a specified value is important because sometime only your GPU work or only your CPU ...

If your waterblock for your CPU is used to extract air, it must be run to 100% is your GPU is hot but waterblock curve depend of CPU sensors, no GPU sensor.

Corsair link is for me better about it than Corsair iCue.

I hope theses features will be dev on iCue in next releases.

Archived