Corsair Community

Mixing QL with LL fans

SteelScorpionX

So i got obsidian se rgb case with 3 LL fans and i just bought from amazon 3 pack of QL fans (CUZ I NEED THE RGB HUB THAT COMES WITH IT INSTEAD OF BYUING 3 LL FANS + RGB HUB IT WILL COST ABOUT THE SAME) to put on front, and the LL put 2 above with the AIO and 1 on the back. i saw a video of a guy claiming that it is possible to mix them if we connect the QLs first or something to the RGB HUB, and in the Ique softwear change to 6 QL fans.

my question is if this will actually work with all the effects or only the rainbow effect will work or static color.

Edited by SteelScorpionX
forgot to mantion something

This is a possible working pair because the QL essentially act like a double sided LL, 16 LED base with a back side that mirrors the front.

What you will want to do is put the QL in slots 1-3 on the Lightning Node Core, then LL 4-6. In CUE Lighting Set-up, tell it you have "QL x 5". This will generate the lights normally for fans 1-3, then 4+5 will act like the two halves of 1 QL fan, then the rear will act like the front side of a QL. The only odd part is that 4+5 will move together and that will make some of the presets appear to jump quickly through the interior part of the case.

You can experiment with applying different lighting effects to the front 3 QL and then the next "2 QL" that cover the LL. They don't have to be doing the same thing.