Corsair Community

Yet another failed firmware update kills wireless :(

mushu

Windows 7 Ultimate

iCUE software v3.23.66

iCUE software said I needed to update firmware. I followed instructions perfectly. The software would never update past 0% so after an hour I aborted the process. I then rebooted computer and tried again. Same results. So I shut off the keyboard, uninstalled the iCUE software and rebooted again.

Then I pressed the ESC key and held it down while turning on the keyboard to reset it. No effect, the lights never blinked after a couple of minutes of holding down the key. I tried both with the dongle unplugged and the USB cable unplugged, then one or the other and still no blink or reset.

Then I tried to pair the keyboard back to the wireless dongle. No effect. The light blinks and goes sold indicating a correct pairing, yet I am still unable to type with only wireless plus Windows doesn't recognize the keyboard only on wireless. When I plug the USB cable back in Windows beeps and recognizes the keyboard I am able to type again.

I tried once more to update the firmware by downloading the latest iCUE software and installing it with the same results. The software does not have a FORCE update option. Dongle was plugged in at all times to USB 2.0 port. I tried updates both with USB cable plugged into USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports on back of computer. Same results.

Also, now the keyboard does not work if iCUE software is running, regardless of whether or not the USB cable is plugged in or not. The lights light up but that is all, no typing is transmitted. And still, holding down ESC while powering up does nothing.

Now my nice expensive keyboard is no longer wireless. How do I correct this please? Or do I need to start the RMA process going so I can get a replacement that is hopefully already updated?

Thank you.

Edited by mushu
  • Haha 1

"The software would never update past 0% so after an hour I aborted the process."

This is usually indicative of trying to update while the dongle or mouse is attached using a USB hub. When updating firmware, both the mouse and dongle need to be attached to direct USB ports on the PC, since the updater takes exclusive control of the port during flashing.

Also, if having issues updating, try using a USB 2.0 port, or another machine. Laptops are great for this.

"The software does not have a FORCE update option."

If you hit the Update button, it will say what version you have, and if current, will offer a Force Update option.