Corsair Community

Replacement Corsair SF750, strange noise

SSros

Hello ,

Corsair recently sent me a replacement power supply. A month later, I started hearing electrical noise / high-pitched noise. The noise is difficult to record because it is random and it is not known when this may occur. I've never heard it during a stress test.

In the country where I live, 220v alternating current is used.

The serial number of my PSU begins with 2024xxxx

pc spec :

cpu : i7 4790k

gpu : zotac gtx 1080 mini

motherboard: Asus maximus vii impact z97

ram : 16gb (2x8) corsair vengeance 2400mhz

case : bitfenix prodigy mini itx

cooling : id cooling frostflow x 120mm

storage : adata xpg gammix s11 pro 512gb

psu : corsair sf750 platinum

mouse : logitech g pro wireless

generic keyboard and headphones

Edited by SSros

My old faulty Corsair SF600, batch 19xxx, was not making any noise and this caught my attention.

Even with another nzxt hale82 v2 700w PSU I had previously, I had never heard any kind of noise.

It may be that I am wrong and think that the noise, assuming it is coming from the power supply, is a sign that something is wrong when in fact it is not...

• Corsair Employee
My old faulty Corsair SF600, batch 19xxx, was not making any noise and this caught my attention.

Even with another nzxt hale82 v2 700w PSU I had previously, I had never heard any kind of noise.

It may be that I am wrong and think that the noise, assuming it is coming from the power supply, is a sign that something is wrong when in fact it is not...

Well, a double forward, group regulated PSU like the NZXT is hardly any comparison. Switching frequencies are much lower these days for better efficiency and these frequencies can go into the range of human hearing.

Is there really no difference bettween the build before and after the two SF600 PSUs? All parts were the same including what is plugged into the USB? For example: On my daughter's PC, I can make the PSU make a noise just by plugging in a particular USB hub into her machine.

Well, a double forward, group regulated PSU like the NZXT is hardly any comparison. Switching frequencies are much lower these days for better efficiency and these frequencies can go into the range of human hearing.

Is there really no difference bettween the build before and after the two SF600 PSUs? All parts were the same including what is plugged into the USB? For example: On my daughter's PC, I can make the PSU make a noise just by plugging in a particular USB hub into her machine.

When I used the faulty sf600 before the replacement sf750, the build was the same.

I posted this in case the same thing happened to other users. For now everything works fine.