Corsair Community

Can I install 9 RGB fans in my case?

NordicOW

Hi!

As the title says, I want to install 9 fans in my new upgrade that I will build and move components to in a couple of days. The fans I want to use are 9 Corsair LL120 RGB fans just to get that extra "BLING" factor. 3 fans on the bottom sucking air into the case, 3 on the side also sucking in air into the case, and then 3 at the top, but those will be connected to a Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB radiator.

I already have 4 LL120 fans in my current case connected to a Corsair fanhub and the Lighting Node Pro, but I guess I need to get the Corsair Commander Pro as well to be able to connect more RGB fans into it?

Do you think it is possible to connect 3 fans to the Lighting Node Pro and the other 6 to the Commander Pro? Where do I connect the other cables to get power for my 9 fans? The 4 I have now are all connected to a 4 pin connector on the motherboard.

Btw, the case I want to connect all 9 fans to is called Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic.

Yes, you absolutely can. A Commander Pro (CoPro) isn't required but it will make your life easier. Both the CoPro and the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) have 2 lighting channels for an RGB Fan LED Hub so, if you don't have any additionally lighting, you'll only need one or the other. The CoPro will add fan control, 2 internal USB headers and 4 temp sensors to that as well. The NoPro will only control the lighting.

Take a look at the RGB FAQ and post back if you have any specific questions or need clarification on anything.

Yes, you absolutely can. A Commander Pro (CoPro) isn't required but it will make your life easier. Both the CoPro and the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) have 2 lighting channels for an RGB Fan LED Hub so, if you don't have any additionally lighting, you'll only need one or the other. The CoPro will add fan control, 2 internal USB headers and 4 temp sensors to that as well. The NoPro will only control the lighting.

Take a look at the RGB FAQ and post back if you have any specific questions or need clarification on anything.

That's good to hear! So I can connect 6 fans to the Commander Pro, and then for fan control of the other fans I can either connect them to the mobo and adjust the speed in the BIOS. Or should I use the NoPro too anyway so I can control all fan speeds in Corsair Link?

Thanks for your reply!

With the CoPro, you can control the fan speeds (up to 6 fans). You cannot control fan speeds with the NoPro - you'd need to use your motherboard in that case.

Ok, but what about the RGB connections? If I can connect 6 fans to the CoPro, where does the 3 remaining RGB cables go?

Ok, but what about the RGB connections? If I can connect 6 fans to the CoPro, where does the 3 remaining RGB cables go?

RGB Cables are connected to an RGB LED Fan Hub. Each RGB Fan Hub can support 6 fans. Each Lighting Channel can take a single fan hub. The Commander Pro has 2 Lighting Channels. Therefore, the Commander Pro (and the Lighting Node Pro) can support RGB for 12 fans.

For Speed control, the Commander Pro supports 6 fans. This is a separate and completely different plug (as shown in the RGB FAQ). The H150i will control 3 fans for speed control.

RGB Cables are connected to an RGB LED Fan Hub. Each RGB Fan Hub can support 6 fans. Each Lighting Channel can take a single fan hub. The Commander Pro has 2 Lighting Channels. Therefore, the Commander Pro (and the Lighting Node Pro) can support RGB for 12 fans.

For Speed control, the Commander Pro supports 6 fans. This is a separate and completely different plug (as shown in the RGB FAQ). The H150i will control 3 fans for speed control.

Got it! Thanks for your help! :biggrin:

Archived