Corsair Community

scimitar pro mouse stopped working after firmware update

GlNGERNlNJA

last night i went in to CUE to look for firmware updates as you do, and i saw i had an update avalible for my mouse so i clicked on it it started downloading then the lights went out no my mouse and i thought nothing of it i just thought it was installing so i left it for 2 mins came back to it and still nothing. So i replugged the mouse and i got a popup in the lower right of my display which i thought was strange (at this point i couldnt use my mouse at all) i navigated to my file explorer using my keyboard and found a device called CRP DISABLED. which i assume is the mouse because it disappears when i remove the mouse. i have now resorted to using my phone as a mouse so if there is anything anyone can do to help me it would be greatly appreciated. the mouse is a scimitar pro rbg is that helps Edited by GlNGERNlNJA

last night i went in to CUE to lok for firmware updates as you do, and i saw i had an update avalible for my mouse so i clicked on it it started downloading then the lights went out no my mouse and i thought nothing of it i just thought it was installing so i left it for 2 mins came back to it and still nothing. So i replugged the mouse and i got a popup in the lower right of my display which i thought was strange (at this point i couldnt use my mouse at all) i navigated to my file explorer using my keyboard and found a divice called CRP DISABLED. which i assume is the mouse becaues it dissapers when i remove the mouse. i have now resorted to using my phone as a mouse so if there is anything anyone can do to help me it would be greatly appreciated. the mouse is a scimitar pro rbg is that helps

the same happens to me.

I downloaded 1.06 FW For Scimitar and managed to update the mouse to 2.04 but the sensor has stopped working and I can not move the cursor, all the buttons work but I can not move the mouse.

its worse for me the mouse dosent even show up in ICUE

I did not appear either, but I did what I did and now the sensor does not work for me, that's why it's better to wait for a response from the support.

Litteraly just bought the mouse, downloaded ICUE to set it up and clicked the firmware update. It said the update failed and the mouse won't do anything now, it's not detected at all and no lights starts... Tried plugging it in different ports, to my other PC, nothing, just dead. Tried holding left+right click and then connect, dosen't do anything either....

Have the same issue with my Scimitar, opened iCUE, got halfway to updating the latest firmware, boom, lights out and no response from the mouse whatsoever.

I've also sent in a ticket to support, waiting for a solution. Will share the .bin file whenever I can if needed, I'll keep this updated to let you know how it goes.

Instructions sent to me by corsair for my Corsair Schmitar Pro RGB Model Code: CH-9304111

Note: I will not be held responsible if you further break your device by installing this firmware on the wrong mouse or you fail to follow the instructions below.

Firmware File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hwXXJuKcc9vAOrQeU9WDhfp0L-ysSxWN/view?usp=sharing

1: Unplug your mouse from the computer.

2: Locate the small pinhole underneath your mouse. For some, this will be located directly on the bottom in plain sight. On others, it will be located underneath one of the removable weights attached to the bottom of the mouse.

3: Using a small paperclip or push-pin, press down on the button inside the pinhole.

4: Plug your mouse back into the computer, while holding down the pinhole button.

5: Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.

6: Download the firmware file from the ticket. If it is compressed into a .RAR file, please extract this file to an easily found location on the computer.

7: Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in it’s name to the CRP_Disabled drive.

8: Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug your mouse and then plug it back in. The device will then return to normal. Please test to see if the issue reappears. If it does, please inform us on the ticket for further troubleshooting.

Edit: attached zipped file to post.

ScimitarPro_ISP_v110.zip

Edited by Goudada
  • Confused 1

Instructions sent to me by corsair for my Corsair Schmitar Pro RGB Model Code: CH-9304111

Note: I will not be held responsible if you further break your device by installing this firmware on the wrong mouse or you fail to follow the instructions below.

Firmware File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hwXXJuKcc9vAOrQeU9WDhfp0L-ysSxWN/view?usp=sharing

2: Locate the small pinhole underneath your mouse. For some, this will be located directly on the bottom in plain sight. On others, it will be located underneath one of the removable weights attached to the bottom of the mouse.

3: Using a small paperclip or push-pin, press down on the button inside the pinhole.

4: Plug your mouse back into the computer, while holding down the pinhole button.

5: Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.

6: Download the firmware file from the ticket. If it is compressed into a .RAR file, please extract this file to an easily found location on the computer.

7: Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in it’s name to the CRP_Disabled drive.

8: Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug your mouse and then plug it back in. The device will then return to normal. Please test to see if the issue reappears. If it does, please inform us on the ticket for further troubleshooting.

Worked for me! Thanks a lot.

I probably will not update the mouse again :bigeyes:

Worked for me as well. Thank you so much!

I think I'm going to hold off from updating my firmware for awhile lol

Thank you so much. worked for me also

Worked for me aswell, thanks :)

• 1 year later...
Amazing, over a year later and corsair support just sent me this same 204 firmware file and bricked my mouse. If it wasn't for this thread I'd have had a dead mouse for a bank holiday weekend. Thank you so much for still having that google drive link active.

• 1 year later...