Corsair Community

Slow to come out of screensaver mode

Over the past couple of days I've been noticing CUE doesn't immediately come out of screensaver mode when the rest of the computer has already done so. I effectively have two different profiles - my normal one and a color wave that kicks in when my screensaver is activated. The keyboard is a K70 RGB and the mouse is a Scimitar. I'm running CUE v2.14.67.

If the screensaver has been active for just a few minutes, a slight nudge of the mouse will shut off the screensaver and the keyboard and mouse revert to their normal profiles. If screensaver mode has been on "longer", I can move the mouse and the monitor goes back to its regular display, but neither the keyboard or the mouse will go back to normal coloring until I actually hit a key. Don't recall if clicking a mouse button will do the same thing as a keypress.

Was wondering if anybody has noticed similar behavior on their systems. Thx.

Last night I left CUE open on the desktop with everything else closed and went to bed. This morning I noticed that my screensaver profile was running. Typically after a couple hours, the computer goes into "power savings" mode where the monitor goes dark and the keyboard goes into its static profile that is saved in flash. Not this morning though.

The system was slow coming out of screensaver mode. I could move the mouse to wake up the screen and see that both the K70 and the Scimitar were shown in CUE while the screensaver profile was running on the keyboard. I did NOT think to look to see what CUE said was the active profile. When I hit a key on the keyboard, it popped into its default profile.

• Corsair Employee
Okay so this tells me devices remain connected to CUE (which is a good thing). This actually tells me this may be a system related issue because the foreground isnt changing fast enough for CUE to detect that its out of screensaver mode until you press the button.

Okay so this tells me devices remain connected to CUE (which is a good thing). This actually tells me this may be a system related issue because the foreground isnt changing fast enough for CUE to detect that its out of screensaver mode until you press the button.

Sorry, not sure I understand what you're saying here.

ANY USB power saving mode that can be changed has been disabled months ago, if not longer. Also, the point is not that a CUE profile doesn't work. It's that the screensaver profile does not swap back to non-screensaver mode when the system has clearly woken back up. My screensaver profile is clearly still running when my monitor has powered back up.

My computer can run in three different modes when turned on:

Normal (default) - everything is operating regularly and my "default" profile is enabled - zone keyboard lighting, varying color cycles on Scimitar;

Screensaver - "Mystify" screensaver is enabled after 3 minutes of activity; "mystify" profile is enabled which is a slow color wave across the keyboard and all lights on the mouse are disabled with the exception of a slow color gradient in the scroll wheel;

Sleep mode - high performance power plan where only the display is turned off after 4 hours and the computer is never put to sleep.

Before, whenever the computer was in screensaver mode, any keypress or nudge of the mouse would bring it completely out of screensaver mode. In the morning when the computer was in sleep mode, the monitor would be off but the keyboard and mouse were in their default profile.

Currently, and I need to verify this, if the computer has been in screensaver mode for a "long" time, possibly still under the 4-hour trip point for sleep mode, the keyboard and mouse screensaver profile is active and the monitor running Mystify, nudging the mouse or hitting a key on the keyboard will wake the monitor but not kick the screensaver profile off. The default profile will only re-engage if I take a second action, like click a mouse button if I hit a key, or hit a key if I nudged the mouse. These conditions are fuzzy because I am only paying attention to the current state, not how to change it. I need to pay more attention to that in the future.

Both keyboard and mouse show up in CUE after the monitor has turned back on if CUE is left open beforehand. I just don't know what CUE claims is the currently active profile.

You may wish to define your screensaver profile as I did; every single key is set to retain original action and to switch to the active profile. My screensaver profile is my default profile, so simply coming out of screensaver mode will not otherwise change the profile, unless I invoke a program associated with a different profile.

No.

Regardless of what others say about it not working for them, my screensaver profile is linked to mystify.scr and works exactly the way I want it to. The actions I have been describing are anomalous to what has been normal operating since CUE 2 has come out (actually even before that). I am trying to describe the behavior as clearly as I can to a community to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

Thank you for your suggestions but they do not work for me. I've tried something similarly on my work computer that has a K70 RGB as well, but it doesn't behave the way I want it to. The network policies at work are such that I can't change certain things (like the screensaver) so the personalization I want to impose on my work computer doesn't do what I want.

This morning, my monitor was off and my Mystify CUE profile was running. Last night I left CUE open to tell which profile was active. I nudged the mouse and the monitor turned on. The keyboard was still in Mystify. CUE showed both the K70 and Scimitar, so it recognized both devices. It also showed that the Mystify profile was active. A mouse click later, both CUE and the K70 jumped to my Default profile. Ok, there seems to be a disconnect between the computer and CUE when coming out of screensaver. I'm sure this is tied to why Mystify is running at all at this point when Default should be running when "sleep" mode has engaged.

Guess the next step is to prevent the monitor from even turning off at all and see what happens.

Archived