Corsair Community

CX600 + new graphics card = random crashes

gurpcola

Hello,

I've had this system minus the video card since December 2013. So for just over a year and a half it's been running fine, no issues with power or random restarts or crashes. I had been using it for light 3D editing and texture work.

I finally decided to upgrade from the integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics on the i5 to a proper video card a couple months ago. So in August 2015 i bought the evga gtx 750 ti sc. Since then i get random hard resets (the whole system powers off, no fans, no noise, then ~3 seconds later turns back on by itself)

Initially i figured it was the video card, but i was able to do a little testing in a friends computer and it appeared to work fine.

The reset seems to occur most by doing anything that is a sudden change from low load to high load. For example going from a loading screen in a game to the actual 3D environment is a good way to trigger it. Most recently taking a screen shot while playing Mad Max has been triggering it, or Alt-Tabbing to desktop, then back to a game.

Temps are fine, it can happen as soon as the game starts and the system is still at idle temp. Voltage on the +12V is 12.096 at idle and while gaming i've seen it spike as low as 11.664.

Unfortunately i don't have access to another PSU that has the correct connectors.

Any suggestions or advice ?

Archived