Corsair Community

Issue controlling fans with Link 4

Turtletours

Hi all,

first post here after my first pc build, which was 90% successful! Only issue i am facing is with my fan control...

I have a H115i and 2 additional ML120 pro fans, along with 1 120mm fan which came with the case which is a 3 pin corsair fan.

Pump cable is connected to CPU_FAN header. 3 other fans connected to SYS_FAN headers. H115i USB cable is connected to J_USB1 header. The fact i can control the RGB and pump profiles through iCue makes me believe its not the USB cable, and is an issue with Link.

I have iCue and Link installed and can control the RGB of my pump and RAM fine, i can also change the default profiles of the pump between balanced/extreme etc. using iCue.

With Link V4.9.9.3 i cannot control or configure curves for any of the fans.

I have created stable fan curves using the BIOS but as i would like to overclock my CPU being able to manage fan curves within Windows is essential.

I have removed and reinstalled Link a number of times, and checked the USB driver which is up to date and enabled. So I'm really at a loss as to what the issue could be!

link.thumb.JPG.3e910c554fb35196a8c4248253f73f19.JPG

icue.thumb.JPG.3cf81adf87ec76f605ed44f3ec368294.JPG

Edited by Turtletours
added fan connetctions

iCUE is the replacement program for Link, specifically the merger of Link (internal devices) with CUE 2 (peripherals). Link has no functionality when iCUE is running and it should give you a message to that effect. There are a handful of legacy devices that are not iCUE compatible, but this is not one of them.

In iCUE, go to the Performance Tab for the cooler and uncheck the all devices slider. That should create a "+" symbol that will then allow you to create a new "cooling mode" or custom curve. In order to apply a fan curve in iCUE, click the curve on the left (it will highlight yellow) then click all the fans on the right you want to apply it to. Those will ring yellow.

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying that, i didnt know iCue replaces Link.

Once question i have is - In the attached pic, does the "pump" device include the 2 fans attached to the radiator? If so does that mean that "fan 1" and "fan 2" are the 4 pin fans i have? I presume a 3 pin fan wont show up here?

I have ordered another ML120 pro to replace the 3 pin fan which came with the case.

Is it the case that setting the fan curve in the BIOS gives you more control?

300570379_icuedevices.thumb.JPG.8dc1d3c6723a1f3d7361414de7f928f0.JPG

Fan1 and Fan2 are the two fans on the cooler. These are only for the fans attached to the cooler directly.

And no, 3 pin fans won't work. They'll show an RPM but they'll run at full speed all the time.

Setting the fan curve in the BIOS doesn't affect the fans attached to the cooler. So no, it won't give you more control. Also, the fans on the cooler shouldn't have the package temperature as the source; it should be the coolant temperature. Please see the Liquid Cooler FAQ for a detailed explanation as to why.

Also note the Commander Pro can control 3 pin DC or 4 pin PWM and you can adjust individually for each of the 6 fan headers. You could cancel the new fans and put it toward this, if you are looking for full fan control from the desktop without visiting the BIOS. Edited by c-attack