Corsair Community

Virtuoso RGB Wireless mic only works in wireless mode.

Lundon

So, recently this headset's mic no longer works I'm in wired mode. I'm using the cable that comes with the headset and tried plugging into various USB 2 and 3 ports and nothing works. If the headset is connected to the PC and I switch it to wireless mode the mic works instantly. If the cable is removed and the headset stays in wireless mode, the mic still works.

I should mention that while in wired mode, the mic is still recognized by iCue. I can enable and disable the mic tone and sidetone. And pressing the on/off button on the mic still gives me the "mic feedback on/off, mic on/off". But, it will not take any voice input in wired mode.

Any suggestions? I usually just leave it plugged in and switch it to wireless mode to get it working.

• Corsair Employee

Make sure to set the Virtuoso mic to your default Recording device in Windows for both USB and Wireless modes. Even though it's the same headset, the Playback and Recording devices need to be set in your applications and Windows for each mode. If this still doesn't resolve the issue, try reaching out to our support staff for additional assistance:

https://support.corsair.com/