Corsair Community

questions on H60 fan direction and connection

pegotico

First of all Hi,

I went ahead and bought the H60 and it should be arriving this weekend :big grin:. I know there are several posts on the forum regarding

the fan direction as I went through all of them last night

but Im still unsure for my specific case, so i have several questions. I have uploaded some illustrations i made and because of the configuration my computer

is a NEGATIVE pressure system taking air from the front and exhausting through the top.

1- The recommended installation is the fan taking cool air from the outside, but

in my case it would just cause a fight on the left top corner as all the air is going out. So if i invert my fan putting the fan first and then the radiator exhausting air will my cpu temp be affected?? Any recommendations??

2- PUSH or Pull , Is it true that pull is better as push configuration will create dust between the fan and the radiator and then being more difficult to clean as it has to be taken apart?

3- The H60 (version 2) comes only with one connector (that's what i saw on the video installation from corsair). Is it ok to connect to CPU_FAN? Also should i disable any automatic control by the motherboard?

thanks in advance for your time and patience!!!

case.jpg.f4602526a657b4ee863be1681169ee14.jpg

2119607154_case2.jpg.ab5061a12a21eaae53342982e65c266e.jpg

1- The recommended installation is the fan taking cool air from the outside, but

in my case it would just cause a fight on the left top corner as all the air is going out. So if i invert my fan putting the fan first and then the radiator exhausting air will my cpu temp be affected?? Any recommendations??

Just try it both ways and see what works best for you. If you reverse the fans to exhaust sure your CPU temps will be slightly higher because you are using warm case air to cool the radiator. Really even if you have it as an intake it's not going to affect your case flow at all.

2- PUSH or Pull , Is it true that pull is better as push configuration will create dust between the fan and the radiator and then being more difficult to clean as it has to be taken apart?

It doesn't matter. Dust is going to get in to the radiator no matter what. You can blow the dust out with compressed air if need be. But a periodic dis assembly for cleaning is a good idea anyway. In most cases a pull only config is not going to cool as well as a push config. You need to be forcing air through the radiator to cool to the best of it's ability. Trying to suck air through is not going to give you near the same flow.

3- The H60 (version 2) comes only with one connector (that's what i saw on the video installation from corsair). Is it ok to connect to CPU_FAN? Also should i disable any automatic control by the motherboard?

It has one power connector and a single tach lead that gets connected to the CPU_FAN header. Yes, disable any control to that header.

Edited by peanutz94

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...