Corsair Community

Corsair one Headset problems

skalinte

Greetings, i have a corsair one and bose campanion 5 which connects via usb to the cpu. When i connect my headset to the bose panel my mic does not seem to work but i could hear the sounds fine. And on to my recording/playback devices i cant seem to find headphones enabled/ headphone icon to be connected at all. Ive tried updating all the sound drivers and such to no avail. I also tried connecting my headset on the CPU however has no headphone jack. just a mic jack which i dont have seperately. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

Hi Skalinte -

The headphones port on the control pod of the COMPANION 5 is for SOUND only, not for MIC.

The reason why you do not see your headphones in the Playback Device is because you are using an ANALOG headphones, which is a plug-n-play device that has no software. In other words, only USB headphones shows up as an independent audio output device, ANALOG headphones will not.

Hope this help.

• Corsair Employee

It looks like your Companion 5's headphone jack is wired for headphones only and is not a combination headphone/microphone jack. That would explain why you get audio but the microphone doesn't work.

The headphones themselves won't show up in Windows either; Windows is only going to see the Companion 5 and then the Companion 5 internally pipes audio to the headset instead of the speakers.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived