The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-27-2017, 01:29 PM
webipsum webipsum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 905894
webipsum Reputation: 10
Default i7 7700K - H60 is compatible?

Hi.

I am reviewing the purchase of an i7 7700K BX80677I77700K LGA 1151 (with overclocking) and would like to know if the H60 is suitable / compatible?

If the H60 is not suitable / compatible, which one would you recommend?

Tks.
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 05-30-2017, 08:39 AM
snapper69 snapper69 is offline
Registered User
snapper69's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 1,772
POST ID # = 906181
snapper69 Reputation: 32
Default

The 7700K appears to be a hot running cpu, so I'm not sure that the H60 would be the best choice, If I was you I would be looking at a 240mm cooler such as the H100i v2. This, of course, depends on you case etc and whether a larger cooler would fit. If you go to your profile and fill in your system specs that would be a great help.
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 05-31-2017, 01:16 AM
PowerTowerPro PowerTowerPro is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2
POST ID # = 906286
PowerTowerPro Reputation: 10
Default

Yes, the H60 is compatible but I just bought one to use with my i7 7700K and at stock speeds it can't keep the processor below 100c under load. I am trying to troubleshoot to see what the problem is (defective unit?).

I am going to call Corsair one more time and if they can't determine what the problem is I am going to return it.

I stress tested using Handbreak to do some video encoding and it over heated within seconds - so something is clearly not right.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 05-31-2017, 01:47 PM
webipsum webipsum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 906343
webipsum Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper69 View Post
The 7700K appears to be a hot running cpu, so I'm not sure that the H60 would be the best choice, If I was you I would be looking at a 240mm cooler such as the H100i v2. This, of course, depends on you case etc and whether a larger cooler would fit. If you go to your profile and fill in your system specs that would be a great help.
snapper69:
I relate the items (hardwares) that I am researching and I request to you, that if you have tips and suggestions, about watercooler x case (BitFenix Phenom), please, help me.
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI
CPU: Core i7-7700K
CPU Cooler: [??? ]
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (16GB) (2x8GB) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200)
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING, 4GB GDDR5.
Monitor, HD, PSU and Case (BitFenix Phenom (Black) (BFC-PHE-300-KKXKK-RP), I already have.

BitFenix Phenom (Black) (BFC-PHE-300-KKXKK-RP)

Tks.
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 06-01-2017, 09:25 AM
snapper69 snapper69 is offline
Registered User
snapper69's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 1,772
POST ID # = 906412
snapper69 Reputation: 32
Default

That's a pretty neat looking case and according to the spec it will take a 240mm rad, but I'm the wrong person to ask about small cases. If you haven't set your mind on that case, have you looked at the cases on the Corsair site?

I like Corsair coolers, a bit back, I used a Coolermaster Nepton 240mm, which was a nice cooler, but I missed the control that Link gives (I can't believe that I just wrote that) and switched back to my H110i GT as soon as I could.
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 06-01-2017, 11:38 AM
webipsum webipsum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 906422
webipsum Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper69 View Post
That's a pretty neat looking case and according to the spec it will take a 240mm rad, but I'm the wrong person to ask about small cases. If you haven't set your mind on that case, have you looked at the cases on the Corsair site?...
snapper69.
I already bought. That's what I found here in Brazil. It was already dispatched by the salesman, it should arrive next week.
From the configuration I mentioned above, the case is the only item I have ever purchased.
Thank you for your attention.
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 06-02-2017, 01:23 AM
jmike jmike is offline
Registered User
jmike's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 47
POST ID # = 906466
jmike Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTowerPro View Post
Yes, the H60 is compatible but I just bought one to use with my i7 7700K and at stock speeds it can't keep the processor below 100c under load. I am trying to troubleshoot to see what the problem is (defective unit?).

I am going to call Corsair one more time and if they can't determine what the problem is I am going to return it.

I stress tested using Handbreak to do some video encoding and it over heated within seconds - so something is clearly not right.
Can you verify if the pump is on? Corsair Link Software should be able to report as should the CPU Fan header if you installed the signal cable. Seeing it get that hot instantly screams an install problem. I've recently had a pump failure on a heavily OC'd 4970k and it took a bit before it hit 85-90.

To answer your question. The H60 should be able to safely cool a 7700K, even overclocked. You're just not going to see the full benefits of an AIO cooler and your temps would get close to if not exceed a mid range air cooler. Like recommended above, a 240mm H100i would do the trick nicely.

Last edited by jmike; 06-02-2017 at 01:26 AM.
Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.