The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2018, 04:34 AM
moranster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 961596
moranster Reputation: 10
Question Ready to Pull the Trigger - Which RGB Keyboard & RGB Mouse Do I Pull it on?

Hi, guys. This is my first post here so please no h8. TL; DR at the bottom. I was initially going to go for CM's MasterSet MS120 mem-chanical keyboard/mouse combo as it's the cheapest individually-lit RGB keyboard on the market and it's also bundled with a mouse.

However, due to a slight increase in budget, I've opted for a refurbished Corsair RGB mechanical keyboard so my question is: which one do I buy and why, based purely on RGB functionality/aesthetics?

I've watched randomfrankp's Strafe RGB vs. K70 RGB which has ruled out the K70 RGB based on its dimmer RGB lighting despite its superior build quality so I guess it boils down to the K65/LUX RGB, K70 LUX RGB (if the RGB has improved) or Strafe RGB. The K95 is out-of-budget at £110 refurbished but I'm undecided about the other three as they're both roughly the same price, give or take £15. I saw there's also a K68 RGB which is apparently a spill-proof/water-resistant version of the K70, but can't find one refurbished. :( Still about that RGB, though!

As for the mouse, I'm pretty set on the M65 RGB as I'm going for a white(-ish) theme which leads me to my second question: should I avoid purchasing white PBT double-shot key-caps for the decided keyboard? I've read just about everywhere that they significantly dim the RGB brightness of the keyboard which is what knocked the K70 RGB off the list in the first place.
Does anyone want to convince me otherwise as white key-caps would make me happy. :)

TL; DR: Which refurbished Corsair RGB mechanical keyboard should I purchase? K65/LUX RGB, K70 LUX RGB (if the RGB has improved) or Strafe RGB based purely on RGB functionality/aesthetics and will purchasing white PBT double-shot key-caps significantly dim the RGB brightness of the keyboard? Thank you in advance!

Tags
strafe k70 k65 lux rgb