The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2015, 11:43 PM

POST ID # = 780256
8bitAlex Reputation: 10
Thumbs down CUE does not start

Hello,

I am trying to run the CUE software on my computer but when I try to start it all I get is the the CUE icon in the tray on the bottom right but then disappears. No crash logs or anything.

After seeing Corsairs website and customer service I am surprised they are taken serious as a company, utter crap.

I am trying to run CUE 1.5.108. I have the K70 RGB Keyboard.

System Specs
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard ASRock Z87 Extreme6
Memory 16Gb G.Skilll 2133

Old 05-21-2015, 06:05 AM
stevvie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 780296
stevvie Reputation: 10

Unfortunately corsair do seem to have more than their fair share of problems, and should have really tested (or got BETTER testers) their software and HARDWARE(that is now known not to upto the job) better. I presume you have tried to double click the corsair cue icon in the tray. Also try quitting cue and restarting it as many have found cue not picking up their keyboards when cue is set to auto start. Is this a new keyboard If so it might need a firmware update but corsair have themselves in a bit of a pickle yet again for new customers that receive a new keyboard that still has the old firmware as the new cue won't speak to the keyboard with the old firmware. So it's a real mess where yo u have install an old cue, update your keyboards firmware, then you can install the new cue. And yes what an utter mess they've gotten themselves into.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:01 AM

POST ID # = 783294
Raino Reputation: 10

I've had the same problem for around 3 weeks now. I tried downgrading CUE, with no luck. So I'm sitting here with two RGB devices, both with the default lighting profile :(

Old 06-09-2015, 05:06 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 783887
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raino View Post
I've had the same problem for around 3 weeks now. I tried downgrading CUE, with no luck. So I'm sitting here with two RGB devices, both with the default lighting profile :(
Software problems are always hard to catch as most tend to be system specific. Check your error logs to see if the software is crashing. Do you also have full admin privileges?

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 07-08-2015, 08:31 PM

POST ID # = 788638
8bitAlex Reputation: 10

A month and a half later I have not been able to fix the problem. I tried clearing the registers and tracking the software's actions with process monitor. I have yet to find a single crash log.

Surprisingly enough I got it to work for about 3 days before it randomly decided to stop again. Customer Service had nothing new to offer other than to reset my computer and to make sure the keyboard was plugged in.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:58 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 788742
Inheritance Reputation: 41

check your bios, intel chipset, and USB chipset driver and make sure their all up to date, also make sure you have full admin privileges
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Tags
crash, cue, k70, start, tray