Corsair Community

Corsair Voyager GTX 128GB Firmware Update

robert.tech

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a new Flash Voyager GTX 128GB USB drive, and one of my computers is giving me sporadic freezing problems with the flash drive, this is when when running in UAS mode in Windows 8.1 on a USB 2.0 controller.

Corsair SSD toolbox shows a firmware upgrade, but the version number is confusing, please see my attached screenshot.

Should I apply this upgrade, and is it an actual upgrade?

Why does one end in 1T9 and the new one in 1.7, is 1T9 an early testing build, which is newer?

I will obviously apply it on the computer that is NOT giving me any problems to avoid bricking the disk.

445736688_SSDToolboxcapture.thumb.jpg.ef2b5ae26d841395032ba358751ba070.jpg

Edited by robert.tech

• Corsair Employee

HI Robert,

Our toolbox does support FW updating for the Voyager GTX so I recommend if you're having issues, go ahead and apply the update.

However, I do notice that you're using a USB 2.0 controller. You will see issues with speed since at max, USB 2.0 is 30MB per second transfer speed in comparison to USB 3.0 (which we recommend for a drive like this) at 6gbps translates to a maximum of 750MB per second and more aligned with how we test the drive.

• Confused 1

Thank You for your reply, I solved my problem, something was corrupted in the Windows UASP drivers. I made backups and reinstalled windows from scratch and now everything is fine on USB 2.0 with UASP (no more freezing) and my newer USB 3.0 haswell computer achieves the advertised speeds and trim works when using NTFS on the drive, so I am very pleased so far.

Once again, thank you for your help.:biggrin:

• 4 years later...
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a new Flash Voyager GTX 128GB USB drive, and one of my computers is giving me sporadic freezing problems with the flash drive, this is when when running in UAS mode in Windows 8.1 on a USB 2.0 controller.

Corsair SSD toolbox shows a firmware upgrade, but the version number is confusing, please see my attached screenshot.

Should I apply this upgrade, and is it an actual upgrade?

Why does one end in 1T9 and the new one in 1.7, is 1T9 an early testing build, which is newer?

I will obviously apply it on the computer that is NOT giving me any problems to avoid bricking the disk.

Hello everyone, I have a Corsair Voyager GTX 128gb, I stop working and when using Toolbox it shows me that it has no firmware and I try to update but without result, any idea to solve it, thanks. Annex screenshots.

1638041912_CorsairSSDToolbox1.thumb.png.ed95165461a789d3ee1c7ceca8c113bf.png

1654744263_CorsairSSDToolbox2.thumb.png.9f1b023a29c5b985b32e2c6bd96a3158.png