Corsair Community

Corsair Force 60GB in Raid 0 (stripe)

qwwwizx

Hi all,

I have a simple question and cannot access yellowbeards Raid 0 guide. I got two new Corsair Force 60GB disks. I installed them on the 6 Gbps ports on the MSI P67A-GD65 Sandy Bridge motherboard. I configured the controller to make a stripe 120GB with a block size of 128KB. OS is Windows 7 - 64bit.

1) Is it a problem that I am not using the recommended AHCI?

2) Do I need to run any applications for doing trim, garbage collection or anything? or do these Force drives do things like this internally?

Things looks to perform very well so far, but I am new to SSD, so what do I need to do to keep my system reliable and fast?

Ofcourse I do, but I use the SATA 3 ports, which are not affected, and it is not really the question here.

MSI offer an exchange of motherboard when they are ready in April, Intel offer the same. I just keep mine until they are ready.

1) No it's not a problem that you're not using AHCI..you're running RAID.

2) You cannot use TRIM on RAID arrays at this time, as far as I know. However the natural garbage collection of the drive should kick in. It doesn't matter either way, since RAID with no TRIM with these drives is almost always going to be faster than single drive with TRIM.

Archived