Corsair Community

Corsairs response to the Ryzen issues

Mussels

This was regarding ryzen 2000 and 3000 not idling when icue is running, as well as performance losses

"This issue was stated by AMD to be related to Ryzen CPU's when interacting with any monitoring software. It's unrelated to iCUE, and actually an issue on AMD's end. We would suggest contacting them."

So... i guess AMD owners should refuse to buy corsair products now.

The high temp at idle is AMDs fault.

iCUE spiking every now and then and also freezing after 100% usage is Corsair's fault.

So....

icue is eating into the performance of ryzen CPU's something fierce and has been for months now

dont confuse the high voltage reading bug that third gen ryzens had, with the performance loss and broken idle on first and second gen ryzens

I'm not.

There is no "high voltage reading bug". At stock AMD is sending 1.47v to a single core in low current conditions, that's "fine" according to AMD.

I still think their algo is pretty all over the place as of now.

That plus the fact iCUE spikes periodically makes it for a constant high idle.

Here running a fixed OC my idle is 36 with spikes around 45, just like it was with my old 1800X

the 3000 series problem is they poll every 1ms not every 15ms, so even if they were idle for 14 of those 15ms, they would read as if they werent idling - power plan updates have come out to tweak that, so the polling didnt trigger the core wakeups

on 1000 and 2000 series, its still hitting them hard and with a large performance loss, i've had posts here showing upto 15% loss in CPU performance from icue being open... its doing a lot more than polling the cores, its breaking turbo clocks and idle clocks by always loading the cores for some reason