Corsair Community

iCUE Software Lighting Setup

GoldenOgre

Hello Guys,

I recently bought a Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM which includes 2 ML120 RGB fans. Fans were lighting up fine and I could see Lighting Effects on both fans and CPU block. I was curious about the software and it capabilities and went into the Lighting Setup menu. In in there are 4 options for Fan Type for each corsair RGB fan (HD, ML and LL) as well as None. I wanted to see options available since I plan to install LL120 fans as well in my case. The issue is now that I changed option to LL120 but only one of the fans within the H100i show up under Lighting Effects but both are lighting up. I go back and change the option to ML120 and it only makes it worse by completely turning off one of the fans and the other one shows normal. I quit out of the software and both fans go back to normal RGB light; but, when I start software back up, the same issue happens and only one fan had RGB while other one is off with the Lighting Setup for ML RGB series fans.

Any idea whats the software doing?!

H100i.thumb.PNG.70236805a4e7daf7f737c8e6ef71a275.PNG

Under "Lighting Setup", is there an option to enumerate how many fans are against the defined fan type? It sounds like the number of fans is set to one, not two. The reason you get both fans back again when the quit ICUE is that you are running off the cooler's hardware, not the ICUE software.

Hey BlaiseP,

I wish there was some an option under Lighting Setup. Only option available is to select your Fan type. The correct option which is "ML RGB Series Fans" turns off the RGB on one of the fans. The other two options for HD and LL120 fans turns both fans RGB on, but only one fan is visible under lighting effect for modifications. The software knows there are two fans there because I can still modify the performance of the fans under the Performance tab.

Seems software is buggy. I assume, I'll prob have to uninstall it for a possible fix.

Issue was getting worse since RGB on RAM was not lighting up after quitting software. So, I decided to uninstall, shutdown PC and then reinstall the iCue software, which seems to have corrected the issue. Both fans are now showing under Lighting Effects and Lighting Setup still shows them as ML fans :sigh!: .

Seems like somehow the drivers became corrupted or something along those lines. Odd thing was that even after removing the software RGB on RAM was now shut off even though it was working initially upon installation without the iCue software.

Experience learnt, don't get too curious with this software.

H100i_After.thumb.PNG.9c4e319a9de5f8b40e9d05da0f08ad3f.PNG