The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2018, 10:56 AM

POST ID # = 985363
makatech Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Rainbow wave and all other moving lighting effects like Arc are triggering this issue. It's a software bug, we have to hope that Corsair will fix this quickly, otherwise this pump would make absolutely no sense at all over the normal cheaper non platinum version when we can only make static color...
It's different pumps in platinum and pro versions though.

CoolIT pumps in Platinum series and Asetek pumps in Pro series.

Also I believe the fans are better in the Platnium series comparing to Pro series.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:01 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985364
momorious Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by makatech View Post
It's different pumps in platinum and pro versions though.

CoolIT pumps in Platinum series and Asetek pumps in Pro series.

Also I believe the fans are better in the Platnium series comparing to Pro series.
fans are not really better, they are just RGB on the Platinum where on the Pro they are not RGB.
Anyway, for the moment there is no reason to buy the Platinum over the Pro when the RGB 16 zone lighting (which is THE key aspect for buying the Platinum) is broken.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:22 AM
RisenStar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985481
RisenStar Reputation: 10

Eh, I bought it for the different pump design, and the different (larger) contact plate.

The RGB was just kinda gravy.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:32 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985482
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
fans are not really better, they are just RGB on the Platinum where on the Pro they are not RGB.
That is not true - the fans on the Platinum are higher speed than the ones with the Pro or the standard ML-RGB fans. They have the same speed as the original ML fans.
Quote:
Anyway, for the moment there is no reason to buy the Platinum over the Pro when the RGB 16 zone lighting (which is THE key aspect for buying the Platinum) is broken.
Which is crazy ... it's working for me with the registry fix that I sent you ... but that didn't work for you. With 16 zone lighting, multiple effects for the BlinkenLights.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:14 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985498

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisenStar View Post
Eh, I bought it for the different pump design, and the different (larger) contact plate.

The RGB was just kinda gravy.
I replaced the fans anyway because I don't like the ML RGBs. Also yes they run faster but also a LOT louder at 100%. And if you run them at a comfortable noise level the cooling is the same as the Pro version even with the slightly larger contact plate (+/- 1 °C)
For me personally the ONLY reason to buy the platinum over the Pro was and still is the 16 zone moving rgb lighting (I love the Arc effect the most) and therefore I am REALLY angry about this feature being broken and I really hope Corsair can find a fast solution. If not then I will ask for a full refund directly from Corsair in a few months. I give them maximum until Eastern. If they didn't fixed their software by then, I will contact my lawyer to discuss further steps.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:08 AM
LinkyPinky87's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985645
LinkyPinky87 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestemona View Post
I have h100i rgb, and having exact same issue. But it usually happens when I'm running games. I hear fan's rpm gets faster, then I hear the sound of windows USB device disconnected as well as the fan's rpm gets slow down. My cooler USB is connected to the commander pro. It still happens even I connect the cooler USB directly to the motherboard. I already disabled Q-Fan via BIOS, and I tired all I could, but it is still happening. I'm reading what people posted in this forum, and thinking it is more likely either driver/software problem.
P.S : it became worse after I updated iCUE software to the newest version(3.10.125).
do your fans/colours do the same as this??

Anyone else?

This lighting setup is the change with cpu temp (basically a static colour)

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/show...499#post985499

Old 12-17-2018, 02:43 AM
ColonelMcSwain's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985799
ColonelMcSwain Reputation: 10
Post Also happening to me, might have bricked my cooler

Just wanted to chime in here. I'm having the same issue described by everyone above with my new H115i RGB Platinum. Random USB disconnect sounds and resets the lighting and causes the pump speed to spike for a second until it reconnects. Before finding this thread it just seemed like a weird bug and I saw that there was a firmware update that I thought might fix it, but it disconnected while doing the firmware update and I think it might have bricked it. Now the H115i doesn't show up in iCUE (other devices still do) and I can't adjust the fan speed which is now stuck at roughly 50% and is pretty loud. I tried plugging it into a different usb header and I tried uninstalling/reinstalling iCUE and rebooting, but no luck.

Old 12-17-2018, 03:09 AM
violentmercury's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985804
violentmercury Reputation: 10

Quote:
I replaced the fans anyway because I don't like the ML RGBs. Also yes they run faster but also a LOT louder at 100%. And if you run them at a comfortable noise level the cooling is the same as the Pro version even with the slightly larger contact plate (+/- 1 °C)
For me personally the ONLY reason to buy the platinum over the Pro was and still is the 16 zone moving rgb lighting (I love the Arc effect the most) and therefore I am REALLY angry about this feature being broken and I really hope Corsair can find a fast solution. If not then I will ask for a full refund directly from Corsair in a few months. I give them maximum until Eastern. If they didn't fixed their software by then, I will contact my lawyer to discuss further steps.
my arc effect seems to be working fine now for a week no probs

Old 12-17-2018, 03:11 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985805

For me it's still broken. Same for 99,8% of all other owners of the pump...

Old 12-17-2018, 05:01 AM

POST ID # = 985813
makatech Reputation: 10

Quote:
For me it's still broken. Same for 99,8% of all other owners of the pump...
I left (uninstalled) iCUE until this stabilizes even though I belive iCUE working fine with static color setting? I try avoiding as much software running in the background as possible, it's just me. I will give iCUE a new try in the future.
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=183541

I'm not that dependent on iCUE since RGB isn't important for me, currenly using a static color which I set as a hardware default before uninstalling iCUE.

In general I'm impressed by the cooling performance and low noise levels from this aio though. :-)

My Ryzen 5 1600X currently running a decent 3.95GHz overclock (I can definately go higher without temp issues).
Pump in quiet mode and fans in a push pull config, front case installation pulling cold air through radiator. No I don't listen to linus tech tips on youtube, also I don't care much about dust management, I prefer optimizing my system even though we are talking about small differences.

Temps using the Stress FPU test in Aida64 stabilizes on about 61-62 °C. Prime version 2.66 about the same (in average depending on which specific test or configuration). I don't use Prime95 since I believe it is a bit unrealistic but I guess I will test it for really pushing this aio.
Idle temp after 2-3 hours is 25°C (average).

Many people speaking highly of huge air coolers like be quiet dark rock pro 4 and the almost legendary Noctua D15 but I highly doubt they would match the h115i platinum at quiet settings under tough cpu loads.

Also I'm using the factory cooling paste on my h115i platinum.

Last edited by makatech; 12-17-2018 at 05:39 AM.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:14 AM
LinkyPinky87's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985817
LinkyPinky87 Reputation: 10

Does anyone else have any other iCUE items plugged in?

I have mouse and keyboard plugged into rear usb ports of mobo.

I did have a RM1000i plugged into mobo via header.

Once unplugging the PSU, my H100i plat works perfect.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:22 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985818

Glaive RGB
K95 Platinum
MM800C
CoPro
5 140LL Fans
HS70
H115i RGB Platinum
Vengeance Pro RGB

So yes, full Corsair system.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:18 PM

POST ID # = 985852
mymusicveins Reputation: 10

Quote:
Rainbow wave and all other moving lighting effects like Arc are triggering this issue. It's a software bug, we have to hope that Corsair will fix this quickly, otherwise this pump would make absolutely no sense at all over the normal cheaper non platinum version when we can only make static color...
I really have to agree with you. Just ordered mine and considering canceling the order. I’m pretty close to buying into the Corsair ecosystem but what’s the point if the selling features don’t actually work?

Old 12-18-2018, 02:19 AM
Tarmgar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985940
Tarmgar Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymusicveins View Post
I really have to agree with you. Just ordered mine and considering canceling the order. I’m pretty close to buying into the Corsair ecosystem but what’s the point if the selling features don’t actually work?
Although I am also waiting for a fix for the RGB issue, I believe the 115i Platinum is still a solid buy, IMHO. Having 1 color currently on an RGB enabled device does stink, I'm hoping corsair will step it into high-gear and work on a fix. Same thing happened to my Corsair RGB Strafe when it first came out years ago, and it did indeed get fixed.

If it helps you decide to get it, I went from lower 70's in temp with an r7 1700 at 3.7ghz on all cores with stock cooler, to low 30s while gaming. iCUE software reports 23c though. Running Cinebench I get low 50s. I think it's still a good buy, just with hiccups.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:51 PM
kevinvn87's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985986
kevinvn87 Reputation: 10

I have the same problem with the USB connection h115i platinum

1 members found this post helpful.