Corsair Community

Far Cry 5 Profiles

LeSnakk

I imported a profile and used the demo mode and would have been able to add the effects in iCUE to the demo Commander Pro header for all fans...I think and probably export it and then overwrite it with the same name and then retry in game...there are a lot of profiles with many effects so that's going to be more time than it is worth.

Taking a look at the profiles:

These only seem to go up so high:

<value95>Led_Cmd_Led95</value95>

You might try defining more of them and see what happens. that said i looked at the cue profiles stored inside iCUE's install folder only, i suppose it is possible the game has its own copy.

Then also in mine, because perhaps that I do not have any rgb fans present or a commander pro currently, I see this (when a find replace is completed on < > for readability)

<key>vid<-9>pid<-9>serial<DEMO_COMMANDER_PRO_DEVICE>index<0>senstype<fan>sensindex<0></key>

and the numbers in the index only go up to 5 from zero, total of six assuming the index is working as expected...you can only have a half dozen fans and 6 rgb strips or 12 fans total on a commander pro?? I couldn't say, but it is possible extreme cases were not spec'd out?

Which would lead me to believe it'd be worth a shot adding them. You'd need to be quite careful, if you are going to putz with it make a copy and start with the daytime profile, it is probably easiest to test and has a decent priority. I've no way to test...yet...

Okay, I will have a look at this when I'm home again.

It just would be very nice if Corsair could update the Far Cry Profiles because well when they advertise with this it should also work how it's supposed to be :D

So I found out the issue:

It took some time to understand the source code of the profiles a little bit so here is what I've found out:

836114560_AmountofLEDs.thumb.png.fd69a62160cc6e7647926207b7662fa9.png

I Opened the Water profile with iCUE and copied the lighting for the last two fans to them by myself and then compared the original Water profile with my "new" Water profile. And as you can see here

<value59>Led_Cmd_Led259</value59>

on the left side (original profile) it stops at this line and on my new profile (right side) it continues up to

<value95>Led_Cmd_Led295</value95>

So I am pretty sure that the "value#" stands for the individual LEDs of the LL fans.

I took a closer look and it seems like if the fans would be connected to a Commander Pro (I am using one (2) LNPs) it would look like my "new" profile by default:

65014628_commanderpro.thumb.PNG.12b1705c0632b6bcbc0902119b36fca5.PNG

So I think this is where the mistake happened to the programing guys of Corsair: They forgot to adapt the profiles for fans connected to a LNP and not to a Commander Pro. This might be why the LL fans in Corsair's advertisment Video of the FarCry SDK synced with the others: They used a Commander Pro for their fans, not a Lighting Node Pro.

So how can you fix it. Well, it's not that easy and does not work very well. I just copied the value-source-code of the Commander Pro-fans and replaced the Lighting Node-fan-value-source code with that. If you take a profile like Water.cueprofile it works perfect. But only because the Water profile consists of STATIC and COLOUR WAVE. This can be easily extended to the last 2 fans using my copy+paste-method.

But when it comes to profiles like Menu.cueprofile, where individual LEDs of the fans are adressed, it doesn't work. I tried several ways but eather the 2 last fans went all blue or all red.

So the only really good way is to import every profile to iCUE, change the lighting for fan 5+6, save them and replace the original ones. But this would take hours and it would not be how it should be (example: on the Menu.cueprofile you would have to randomly decide which LED gets which colour because every fan is different and it would not look like someones fans connected to a Commander Pro).

So what is the solution?

In my opinion Corsair should either make a iCUE update with the lighting profiles extended to the last two fans (on a LNP) or Corsair should offer a .zip or .rar with all the profiles fixed so you can replace them by yourself. I don't want to be mean but there are people who payed €200 for a K95 RGB Platinum, €50 for a Scimitar Pro, another €50 for a MM800 and €150 for six LL fans, €50 for a Lighting Node Pro aaand €60 for Far Cry 5 and it might not be that fair for those people who spent so much money that they can't use the Corsair-FarCry-Lighting properly.

So I would be really happy if a guy at Corsair would take some hours (I don't know how long it actually takes) to fix the issue.

@Corsair: please reply to this so I know someone noticed that this issue exists.

But beyond that: I love the lighting integration. Well done <3

• 2 months later...
Sorry to bump this, but now that I have 5 fans (5 LL's on the LNP), the 5th fan doesn't light up in Far Cry 5. :( Is Corsair aware?

I really don't know. This issue exists since the first version of iCUE and it's still not gone. I'd really appreciate it if they'd make a statement about this or sth like that... I mean they advertise it a lot and it's just not working as advertised.

This is a known problem, I have HD-120 and it only lights up 5 fans, the 6 doesn't show up. This does look like it is LED count specific HD-120 only has 12 LEDs, while the LL-120 has 16. That is most likely why I have one more fan lighting up than some of you.

This is a known problem, I have HD-120 and it only lights up 5 fans, the 6 doesn't show up. This does look like it is LED count specific HD-120 only has 12 LEDs, while the LL-120 has 16. That is most likely why I have one more fan lighting up than some of you.

You can see (if you open the FC profiles in iCUE) that the LEDs of the last 2½ (LL) fans are just not configured in a Node Pro LED channel. So the guy who made the profiles probably didn't think about someone using six LL fans on a Node:D

Hi,

Sorry for borrowing thread but I have problem with iCue and Far Cry 5 also.

I have 1xHD120 and 4xHD140 which are connected to fan hub and commander pro. Also H115i with stock fans.

Keyboard is K95 Platinum and mouse is Glaive RGB.

Lightning in the game works pretty fine but every time I shut down the game the red-blue-white theme stays on until restarting iCue. Anyone else having this?

Yes. Take a look at my other thread about the issue, including images: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=178218

Well I can just copypaste that thread here so everything stays within this one thread:

"Hello,

as I posted a while ago I have an issue with the Far Cry 5 lighting (profiles). Today I took a little closer look at the profiles and I noticed that it looks like this:

(I have 2 LNPs and my 6 LL fans connected to LED-Port 2 on LNP 2. For this test I set each lighting channel to 6 LL fans.)

[ATTACH]33348[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33349[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33350[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33351[/ATTACH]

As you can see, not all LEDs of the fans connected to the second LED-Port on the LNPs are illuminated within the Far Cry Profiles.

I know you guys have a lot to do with iCUE but I just wanted to share my discovery with you so you may be able to fix it easier.

Greetings!"

Hi,

Sorry for borrowing thread but I have problem with iCue and Far Cry 5 also.

I have 1xHD120 and 4xHD140 which are connected to fan hub and commander pro. Also H115i with stock fans.

Keyboard is K95 Platinum and mouse is Glaive RGB.

Lightning in the game works pretty fine but every time I shut down the game the red-blue-white theme stays on until restarting iCue. Anyone else having this?

Yes, happens to me too. Seems that this bug was introduced with the last version of iCUE. This, along with the fan issue with FC5 is interesting, considering FC5 is the flagship title to show off iCUE game integration and it’s less than stellar. Not sure how that slipped through the cracks. I have to assume they know about it and are addressing it.

Another option that might work is to split up the fans between two RGB Hubs. If you have two 3x packs of LL-120s, you guys should already have the parts you need.

Thats very annoying and I have all the other lighting channels filled with RGB Stripes. Also I've got 1 3xLL and three 1xLL packs so this won't work. And then every other lighting effect with device order, like Visor, would be very messed up as you can not change the device order yet.

You can import those profiles from the folder, tweak them to recognize all of your lights, and then export them back to the FarCry5 folder.

It's a pain but that'll work. At least until you upgrade iCue and then you'll have to do it again (or save those old profiles) ... at least until Corsair gets them fixed.

You can import those profiles from the folder, tweak them to recognize all of your lights, and then export them back to the FarCry5 folder.

It's a pain but that'll work. At least until you upgrade iCue and then you'll have to do it again (or save those old profiles) ... at least until Corsair gets them fixed.

That was another thing I was thinking about suggesting. Maybe I will try it myself.

If there were one or two profiles, but there are about 30 of them :bigeyes:

I know that will work but there are a ton of profiles I would have to do that with. Can you say when Corsair will get them fixed?

• 7 months later...

Due to a change of how iCUE handles imported profiles, the profiles will no work with all fans, even if they are not connected the same way how the creator of the profiles hat them configured.

So @Troyhe98 an update of those profiles isn't needed any more.

Archived