Corsair Community

Unable to save profiles to Ironclaw RGB Wireless mouse, using iCUE

adrianhughes

Hi everyone,

i have an Ironclaw RGB Wireless mouse and wish to have the lighting effects save to the mouse, so that whenever I use the mouse over Bluetooth, it uses those effects (e.g. Rain).

However, I have the Default profile (where I chose Rain lighting effect) and three other "HW" profiles listed which strangely enough do not have the Rain lighting effect, but only two or three effects.

Despite all of this, I cannot find Save Profile button on the sidebar at all. Am appreciative of any assistance that can be provided.

There is no save to device button. Your profiles are divided into software profiles and hardware profiles in that list on the left. The three HW profiles for the Iron Claw will say something like “Iron Claw Wireless RGB HW1-3” and have a small SD mini disk icon different from software profiles. If for some reason they are not there, you can use the + to create a new software profile, then change the selector switch to hardware.

There are different rules for HW profiles vs software. You can’t do all the same things with the tiny chip on the mouse compared to what can be done when using the CPU and other system resources. The HW profiles guide you through that and only allows you to create effects and actions that can be saved to the mouse. Set up the profile as you want in in HW1. Then click the onboard profiles tab on the left. Now it will resemble the more typical “save to slot” system. Save HW1 in slot 1. You should get a confirmation message.

I don’t know if BT is your only option for what you are doing. Be aware you will have full software access if connected via the 2.4 dongle.

• Confused 1

thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciative. It is a bummer for me because I need to use the Bluetooth method of connection as my laptop only has one USB port (a travesty, i know).

I understand about the lighting effects, but just find it a bit of a shame that they couldn't fit any more lighting effects onto the built-in memory on the mouse. I did find the Onboard Profiles tab at the bottom and was at least able to save the Rainbow lighting effect to cycle through the colours as fast as it can, so that's something i guess.

again, thank you for your help

Ok, BT required. You do have 3 on board profile slots so you can save a different effect to each of the three HW slots. There is a profile switch on the mouse for cycling in between.

The lighting effects for all mice are a bit more limited than something like a keyboard since there are drastically fewer LEDs to work with. That’s true on the software or not. Some of the wireless devices also have simplified patterns in the interest of battery life. At least you can do 3 vs 1.

Thanks again mate didn't even realise there are profile switch buttons, so have done as you've said and mapped different lighting effect to each profile.

Good point guess I'll take what I can get. Only other thing I can think of is to use wi-fi on the mouse by getting a Corsair RGB mouse pad and using the usb port in that.

The MM800 will eat a USB port as well, so net gain zero. Might be some external powered USB splitters out there, but that is taking it a bit far for what you get in return. You aren't missing much in BT mode, unless you really wanted to launch programs from mouse buttons or had specific complex macros in mind that need CPU resources.