Corsair Community

Link not showing the H_AMP_FAN

bachastain

I have a ASUS Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard with 4 fans connected, CPU_FAN, CHA_FAN1, CHA_FAN2, and H_AMP_FAN. The first 3 are properly shown in Corsair Link 4.6.0.86. There's no sign of the H_AMP_FAN on either the Home or Configure screens.

H_AMP_FAN is short for High Amp Fan header. It's for fans but unusually high current ones. The only configuration options in the BIOS is whether it is voltage or PWM controlled and neither setting gets it recognized by Link.

H_AMP_FAN *is* properly shown in the SIV program (5.19 Beta-03). I've attached a screen capture of it showing all 4 of my fans.

The fan is also displayed properly in the BIOS and in ASUS Ai Suite 3.

I've also attached the Main and Configuration screen shots of Link, showing the missing High Amp Fan.

All the other data displayed in Link looks present and correct, including my Corsair power supply.

Is there anything I can do to get this fan recognized or will I need to wait for a bug fix?

Thanks.

CorsairLink.thumb.jpg.e9a57cb9de9c523fd8c5512e9233fab0.jpg

CorsairLink_2.thumb.jpg.25d13ee23bce3f9c20df47c3c3ceacd8.jpg

SIV.thumb.jpg.991f719aa3bcfe078a6a497900f83621.jpg

Is there anything I can do to get this fan recognized or will I need to wait for a bug fix?

Given SIV reports it CL4 should. It's reported via the Nuvoton NCT6793D SIO, so I would have expected CL4 to report it.

It's the CPUID SDK that needs to be fixed and the best way to get it fixed is to check if HWM reports it. If it does then a future CL4 release that uses a later cpuidsdk.dll should report it. If HWM also fails then ask the HWM developers to fix HWM and the end result should be the same.

3 CHA Fan 2A is read from SIO offsets 3E + 3F and 6 AMP Fan from 44 + 45 so fixing this should be trivial.

If you connect a fan to the AIO header does CL4 report that? It won't report B CPU Opt as that is read via the EC (Embedded Controller) which CL has never supported, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=805421.

If the HWMonitor folks do add the fan to their program and then release it, can I drop their new cpuidsdk.dll in the CL4 folder and expect Link to start showing it?

You could, but it's highly unlikely you can get the correct cpuidsdk.dll to drop in there. The CPUID SDK guys will send Corsair an updated version, but I suspect Corsair will decline to make it available to you.

HWM has the code built into the .EXE and the Corsair build of the cpuidsdk.dll is needed which is keyed to Corsair Link.

You could, but it's highly unlikely you can get the correct cpuidsdk.dll to drop in there. The CPUID SDK guys will send Corsair an updated version, but I suspect Corsair will decline to make it available to you.

I just have to ask - If the CPUID SDK people will send Corsair an updated version, why would they not immediately release it if it would solve this problem? Seems like a no-brainer. What am I missing here? :sigh!:

Archived