Corsair Community

Problems with Vengeance 2000 mic / drivers

JayG6984

Just recently received brand new Vengeance 2000 7.1 wireless headset (bought on Newegg).

Opened the package and plugged in to charge. Once fully charged, plugged the dongle into the USB port and turned on the headset. I had to change the default sound device from my normal speakers to the headset, but that was expected. They sounded absolutely fantastic.

I moved the mic boom down, and instantly got a horrible, loud feedback / cracking / popping, overall annoying sound. The sound persisted in the headset after changing default output back to my normal speakers and after disabling / muting the mic. Also, the problem persisted after going into Windows input control and turning the mic input way, way down. As long as the headset is on, and the mic boom is in the "down" position, there is horrible, horrible sound.

My next step was to come here and download the drivers. After downloading the drivers and restarting the computer, it went to a bluescreen error and wouldn't reboot. I rebooted in safe mode and uninstalled the drivers, all went back to the way it was.

I can understand if there is a problem with this particular headset causing the feedback, but not being able to download the drivers is a completely separate issue, and doesn't seem like it could be related to the mic/feedback problem.

As it stands, I am very unhappy with this product, and hope to be able to find some resolution here before I have to send it back.

• 1 month later...

Same as the above.

Charged the unit.Followed the instructions in the book to the letter.

Moved the mic boom down to activate the switch and same as the above.Even when I record with the mic the mic will capture the sound.

I turned everything off in my house from the mains switch. I set-up with a laptop still as above.

I have tested on 4 computers......not cool guys.

See attached file for sound.

Untitled (9).zip

• Corsair Employee
Same as the above.

Charged the unit.Followed the instructions in the book to the letter.

Moved the mic boom down to activate the switch and same as the above.Even when I record with the mic the mic will capture the sound.

I turned everything off in my house from the mains switch. I set-up with a laptop still as above.

I have tested on 4 computers......not cool guys.

See attached file for sound.

Sounds like a bad mic, go ahead and request a RMA with the link to the left and provide me with your case number. We'll get it taken care of for you.

Archived