The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Customer Service > Warranty and RMA Questions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 07:34 AM
meatloaf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 703409
meatloaf Reputation: 10
Default Corsair build quality not what it was?

So ive rebuilt my system tonight into a new case, a Corsair 300R, and while I was atit I installed a new cooler, a Hydro H75.

Now ive had several corsair cases and coolers before and never had an issue ( 400R + H100, 200R + H50 )

So I start to install my components into the 300R. Remove a HDD tray, snap the handle off I didn't even squeeze it hard, just normal.

Then I put the optical drive in and manage to snap the latch off that you need to flick to unlock and lock the drive So its had to be screwed in. I mean I wasn't rough with these bits they seemed really flimsy.

Rest of the build went ok until I went to install the H75. I prepared the backplate by moving the pins to S1366 positions and proceeded to screw the standoffs in the backplate as per the instructions. Put the cooler head in place and screwed the head down, well i would have done if the pins that the standoffs were attached to didn't rotate in the backplate

Eventually managed to get all but one of the 4 screws tight but one just kept turning and was very loose, as was the backplate.

So it took it all apart again and swapped the screws/standoffs around and this time managed to get it screwed down correctly. I think im going to have a hell of a job removing the backplate if I ever change boards tho

Now its all done im happy with the cooling even if fitting it was a bit of a nightmare and the case is nice if a bit flimsy feeling and the side panels are a PITA to get on correctly.