Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

I've been having the issue with static while in wireless mode for ages now. I forced a driver/firmware update for the Corsair Virtuoso and dongle today even though there wasn't an update. That seemed to fix it for me.

Edit: This seemed to only be a temporary fix. After rebooting my machine the issue has returned.

Edited by jdyarrington

Almost everything is working perfectly on my new virtuoso, however there is one annoying sidetone issue I cant figure out: in wired mode the sidetone functions normally but when switched to wireless mode the sidetone simply does not work anymore at all, I've tried reinstalling everything and the software/firmware are running the latest versions. Any ideas?

Almost everything is working perfectly on my new virtuoso, however there is one annoying sidetone issue I cant figure out: in wired mode the sidetone functions normally but when switched to wireless mode the sidetone simply does not work anymore at all, I've tried reinstalling everything and the software/firmware are running the latest versions. Any ideas?

Think it would be best to contact Corsair Support for this one.

I've had a mostly positive experience with the SE, the one issue I now have is after my roommate bought the same headset (not the SE), we started to have volume issues with the wireless mode. When I am in wireless mode, even when all my volumes are at full I have what feels like a 30% decrease in volume. When I plug in and switch to wired mode the volume kicks back up to full and the volume on my roommates wireless mode will spike up in volume. It's almost as if there is some kind of interference between our usb receivers, but we both had the VOID before this and had no issue in the same house.

Also to add to the crackly sounds some people mentioned I noticed with mine it would only sometimes happen with really low and loud bass sounds. Specifically in Rainbow six siege when the defenders and attackers switch sides it plays a little animation and a low bass tone that crackles the longer it is played.

Guys, first off thank you for the feedback you are providing. Not sure if all of you have seen that there was an update to both iCUE (3.21.88) and firmware for Virtuoso. If you haven't already performed the updates, please do so as it will improve some of the topics you guys brought up. We are working on more updates to address additional items that were brought up, but we want to ensure proper testing is performed in our validations process.

For those of you experiencing crackling during games, can you respond back with the following information:

1.) What system are you using (motherboards and USB port)

2.) What game are you using? Did you enable SW sound settings like Atmos in Overwatch, for example?

3.) SW version

4.) FW version

5.) System volume level

6.) EQ settings in iCUE

7.) Particular content that was played

Some of you already have system specs listed, but I would like you to provide it in your post just in case you have changed anything. I'll relay the information to our validations and software teams as you guys provide it.

It isn't just during games, it's when using any application that produces sound.

1.) X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI

2.) I'm just watching Youtube videos/music when this happens.

3.) 3.23.66

4.) v.0.17.149

5.) 100% because for some reason the volume level in wireless mode is like a quarter of the level when in wired mode.

6.) Defualt.

7.) Watching Linus WAN Show

This has got to be the most frustrating headset I've ever had to use :)

i just got my pair of Virtuosos yesterday, when i listen to music all the other frequency are really high in volume and crisp. When the bass starts coming in it seems like the headset's volume just somehow drop and there's no meat to the bass. Is the software somehow holding it back?. Even in wired mode, bass sounds really low. Bass Boost EQ doesnt help.

From what I hear, when the bass starts coming in, it's like the headset is lacking "voltage" and just can't produce the proper volume for the bass.

I was listening to this music, if this helps (listen @ 9 minute mark): [ame]

[/ame]

Really evident once you start pumping up the volume

It's similar to having my Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless with the Volume Limiter on.

Edited by Seran

So there's this moment when you switch around wireless or wired mode, Microphone works but Discord won't detect it. The quick fix to it in my case is to disable and re-enable microphone.

Steps I do if discord doesn't detect Microphone. (Windows 10)

1.) Right Click Speaker Icon @ taskbar and Select Sound Settings.

2.) Click Device Properties, (the one located below "Choose your Input Device".)

3.) Check the Disable box and Uncheck it back.

4.) Discord will detect your microphone in about 2 seconds.

If Corsair can make a script where they can disable/re-enable the microphone from the Windows Sound Settings when switching wired/wireless mode. Then that should be a quick fix for the microphone issue.

I've only tried this at Discord, so I don't know if this works for TeamSpeak or other Communication Platforms.

- Would like to see one profile for "wired" and one for "wireless mode". I would like this to switch automaticly when connecting with the USB-C cabel.

It could by default be the same settings, but if you want to change anything in "wired mode", it should stay for the "wired mode's" settings. And the other way around.

I want RGB shut down right away when charging but i want it on when using it on wireless mode.

- The only thing other than that i also want to be able to tell battery life by procent.

Have great day and thanks for your support.

I've had the Virtuoso's for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I've noticed that the right ear cup has began to become a little loose. When I unboxed the headset I noticed the stiff rotation of the ear cups which were great for holding the shape of my head and a feature I enjoyed. But it appears the right ear cup's swivel has become much more loose compared to the left. Any ideas on how to tighten it or any ideas on what I should do? Edited by TrueZero_
Grammer edits

I've had the Virtuoso's for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I've noticed that the right ear cup has began to become a little loose. When I unboxed the headset I noticed the stiff rotation of the ear cups which were great for holding the shape of my head and a feature I enjoyed. But it appears the right ear cup's swivel has become much more loose compared to the left. Any ideas on how to tighten it or any ideas on what I should do?

Contact support ;-)

I've had the Virtuoso's for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I've noticed that the right ear cup has began to become a little loose. When I unboxed the headset I noticed the stiff rotation of the ear cups which were great for holding the shape of my head and a feature I enjoyed. But it appears the right ear cup's swivel has become much more loose compared to the left. Any ideas on how to tighten it or any ideas on what I should do?

have you tried taking toe ear cup off (there detachable) and putting it back on tight

have you tried taking toe ear cup off (there detachable) and putting it back on tight

No but I might try that now. Thanks for the advice =)

Edit: The issue mainly lies above with the 180° swivel. When you rotate the ear cups 90° you can see screws and I think they might help but I'm unsure if its a good idea to do that or if they even relate to the rotation

Edited by TrueZero_
Update

Okay So I've done a bit of looking around in the headset. It seems that there aren't any actual screws that tighten the swivel but only ones that hold the headset in shape.

These are a few images I took of the area but it doesn't look like I can do much to tighten it (Also apologies for poor photo quality. It was from a gen 6 ipod lol) https://imgur.com/a/YJygRNQ

Edited by TrueZero_
Grammer

Looks like the Dongle update: 0.17.149 fixed the issue where if you join a communication client (TS, Discord and Skype) which the HS is off, it will not give any microphone input until you either re-open the communication client or disable > enable the sound device.

Anyone else experienced the fix?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the problem with the crackling sound and that the dongle doesnt stay lit so only way to fix it is to restart the headset. Its been happening to me while im on youtube, netflix, world of warcraft, warcraft 3, minecraft and every other game i have tried since the problem started.

it can go from 5 minutes to 2 hours before it happens and its so annoying as all sounds makes your ears bleed.

I have had the headset for maybe 2 months soon and thats the only serious problem i have had. actually thinking of returning it as i cant find a fix for it.

Otherwise a really good looking and comfy headset. would probably switch it for the void if the void had USB C as charging Cable.

Edit: Should also mention that i have "MSI Z390 MEG ACE" as motherboard and win10 proffesional. I have corsair 1000D case and i have tried every single usb port on the case and the motherboard. i have tried updating software and unistalling it and reinstalling it and Many many reboots.

Edited by Alpha_Knugen
added more info

DUDE thats not a new way... thats the way you stole under his youtube video. he is member of this forum lol :P we posted this workaround a few times now :P you answered my comment under his video BTW.

I'm actually going to re-write this in a grammatically correct format:

1. Open iCue and disable "Start on system start up", then exit iCue.

2. With your Corsair headset plugged in, Open Device Manager > Audio input and outputs> Right click your Corsair headset > Properties > Uninstall Device. Next go to Sound, video and game controllers > Right click your Corsair headset > Uninstall device

3. Open Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Right click your Corsair headset > Remove device

4. Reboot your computer and unplug your Corsair headset. To automatically install the driver, plug in your Corsair headset via USB. If that doesn't work, redo steps 2 and 3 and right click "Scan for changed devices" in Device Manager to manually reinstall the driver.

6. Replug in your Corsair headset via USB and open the Dolby Access app to set up your headset under "Products".

7. Left click the sound icon on the task bar and select your Corsair headset. Then right click the icon > Spatial sound > Enable Dolby Atmos for headphones if not already enabled

8. Open iCue, disable 7.1 surround on your Corsair headset (to not conflict with Dolby Atmos) and re-enable "Start on system start up".

This got Dolby Atmos working for my Corsair Virtuoso SE.

Edited by ZeroSkylineX