Corsair Community

M65 RGB Elite Button Setup Help

plamf

Hello! Please someone help me setup this new mouse. Every other mouse I've owned in the past I haven't had to setup at all. The game I play is WoW. I just log in to the game, and use the in game settings menu to set up my keybinds. This particular mouse, it doesn't seem to recognize the Sniper button, and either of the DPI buttons.

I basically want to make the three of those buttons into traditional buttons with no specific uses. So I can set them up in game with commands.

For instance, the two thumb buttons on the side in game register as "Mouse Button 4" and "Mouse Button 5". So, when I set those up, via in game keybinds menu, those exist. WHen I go to setup the Sniper button, it doesn't do anything. As if I weren't even pressing a button. As for the DPI buttons, instead of setting them as keybinds, the game doesn't register that I pressed a button at all, BUT they still perform their intended function of adjusting my DPI. I don't ever want to do that. My current DPI is what I want.

Long story short, I want Sniper, DPI up and DPI down to effectively be "Mouse Button 6-8" So I can use them in game. I don't care what their name is, I just want them to function exactly like the "Forward" and "Back" buttons on the mouse.

Someone please help. Thank you!

“Sniper” and DPI adjustment buttons are not standard OS recognized switches or actions like left click or the side buttons. You have to link those buttons to your in game actions.

Figure out the key for whatever you would like to save to the mouse. (eg “H” = Heal, C=crouch). Go to the Actions menu for the M65. Click the + to create a new action. Change it from “Macro” to A-Z keybind in the drop down menu (or something else if it is a number, symbol, or mouse button from the game bind list).

If “V” is dodge in the game’s command list, select A-Z, check V, then click on the sniper key. You can rename the action. Now “dodge” is bound to the Sniper button.

Repeat the process for DPI up/down. I do think it is easier and less consequential to bind normal mouse functions (left/right click, side buttons) in the game vs in iCUE. Besides saving a step, be aware the sniper button will now always spit out V (or whatever). This means you may want a dedicated game profile for WOW, particularly if you want different assignments in other games.