Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum SE

tmiami

I have a problem with my brand new aio. The pump has really loud rattle noises:

iCUE quiet mode > very loud rattling noise

extreme mode > minimalistic or inaudible rattle

So far i tried:

- Switching between MB fan headers (pump fan, cpu fan)

- Using a dedicated sata cable from power supply

Btw. Is it normal that my fans only get to max rpm of 700-800 when iCUE is set to extreme?

PSU: EVGA supernova g2 1000w

MB: MSI MEG ACE Z390

Edited by tmiami

The loud static pops in Quiet mode that lessen when the pump speeds up is usually characteristic of air bubbles. Try lifting the front of the case (or wherever) to get the in/out tubes higher than the CPU block. Hopefully that allows the bubbles to follow their buoyant nature and go up and out. This tends to happen if the cooler has been shaken quite a bit. They should eventually filter out, but lifting should solve the noise. You shouldn't need to do this for very long. Too many tips about lying on its side for 24 hours, etc. etc. If they don't move in 60 seconds, there are not going to and you need a new position. You may have to fiddle with the angle until it works. Set the pump to Extreme to create as much fluid pressure as possible. If you lift and the noise decreases, you know you are on the right track. If you lift and the noise stays exactly the same, we are looking at a different problem.

Fan speed is tied to coolant temperature (H150i Temp). This is how all water cooling systems work. CPU conducts heat into liquid flow. That rate is constant and not controllable. Fans then speed the release of that heat out of the radiator. The measure of how much heat is in the coolant system is "H150i Temp". The pump and fan speeds are the tools for releasing the heat from the cooling system, but they won't make the CPU any cooler. They will make the CPU warmer if you don't get rid of the heat. Each +1C rise in coolant temp = +1C in CPU temp. It's not a lot and you are likely to only see a 4-8C increase on a 9900K@5GHz. Also be aware coolant temp is directly related to room/case temp. You can't have a 20C coolant temp in a 30C room. The case temperature becomes the minimum possible coolant temp (and thus CPU temp as well).