Corsair Community

SP120 RGB fans not spinning

EzraPS

Hey, i recently bought some SP120 RGB fans ( with the fan hub), they light up and i can control the lights via the ICue software, but none of them are spinning? Plugged the SATA cable from the fan hub into the sata on my PSU, made sure the fans are properly plugged in, read online i might need to go into the BIOS to change from PMW to DC, but i have no DC option from what i can see, all i have is auto, voltage, and PMW (unless i'm in the wrong place), i have a gigabyte motherboard, (according to PCPartPicker they are compatible I know i shouldn't rely on that but i had nothing else to go off :p ), could anyone help? Edited by EzraPS

“Voltage” = DC 3 pin. However, auto should have worked and PMW would make them run at maximum, not zero. The only thing that could happen is stuttering, if you had the fan speed set very low in the BIOS — below the starting voltage of the motor. However, they should spin on boot when the MB controller does a full 12v/100% fan power on.

The lighting wires to the RGB Hub are obviously ok. Make sure the fan motor wires are properly secured on the motherboard fan headers. Seems strange for all of them to be not spinning.