The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #46  
Old 02-23-2011, 11:44 PM
hamzta hamzta is offline
Registered user
hamzta's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 44
POST ID # = 490640
hamzta Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Hamza, we are still looking into it but unable to duplicate the results. Would you be able to disconnect all your USB devices except the HS1, mouse and keyboard, and let us know if you are still able to duplicate the same issue? Since you have already tried disabling the onboard soundcard and uninstalled the driver we can rule out the idea that the onboard audio is conflicting with our driver. Let's see if it's a USB priority issue.
Its currently in its packaging and about to send it to the retailer.
So No.

Ask the guy above, perhaps he could.

Forgot to mention, I dont use any USB devices other than Mouse & Keyboard, unless I plug in my external drive, which is rare thesedays.
And I dont see how the HS1 would conflict with my mouse or keyboard.

The kb is a G15 blue and the mouse is an Edge 3200.

Last edited by Wired; 02-24-2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: merged posts
Reply With Quote


  #47  
Old 02-24-2011, 01:58 AM
vohk vohk is offline
Registered User
vohk's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
POST ID # = 490652
vohk Reputation: 10
Default

Well, I feel like an idiot. For me at least, I think it was a conflict with a Behringer USB driver. I had the device unplugged but it seems like it's driver still wasn't playing nice with the HS1's. Disabling it in Device Manager appears to have solved the problem, or at least cut down on occurrences in a big way. Will have to give it a few more days to be sure. I do know that conflict was responsible for another issue I was having (couldn't get the mic and speakers to both function at the same time).
Reply With Quote


  #48  
Old 02-24-2011, 01:33 PM
RAM GUY's Avatar
RAM GUY RAM GUY is offline
Corsair Product Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 118,268
POST ID # = 490753
RAM GUY Reputation: 10
Default

Thanks for the update vohk, we are definitely still looking to sort out any compatibility issues with our driver and other devices/drivers out there. Audio devices and USB devices are what I suspect to be the most likely when it comes to driver conflicts so the first thing to try would be to disable these devices/drivers temporarily to see if there is any change.

hamzta, I did not suspect that your mouse or keyboard were interfering (I said to leave them plugged in and disconnect any other devices), but I do not know what other USB devices you may have had hooked up (I do now, after your last post). I'm just trying to help rule out any possibilities. I have tested the HS1 on various chipsets and systems in our lab and around our office and I am not able to duplicate any issues with the driver, and this tells me that your headset is either faulty, or there may be some other driver on the system that's effecting ours in some way. If you have not tried it, I would open the task manager and kill any non-Microsoft processes that are running, and see if you can still duplicate the issues.
__________________
Support accounts and tickets can be created at https://support.corsair.com.
Reply With Quote


  #49  
Old 03-17-2011, 11:25 AM
lamiricore lamiricore is offline
Registered User
lamiricore's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
POST ID # = 494026
lamiricore Reputation: 10
Default

Hello

I have exactly the same problem that people describe before. I've got this problem when i play to BBC2 and i'm audio chating whith mumble (but got the problem whitouht mumble). The sound can switch right/left and i sometime heard pop and crackling. It don't have this problem when listening music or watching movies.
I'll try to disable my usb device (philips SPC520NC webcam) but i got a logitech usb keyboard and mouse that i can't disconnect And i 've got a xbox 360 joypad that i use too in the game.

Hope this will fix the problem because it's really annoying.

PS: my onboard soundcard is a realtek
Reply With Quote


  #50  
Old 04-01-2011, 02:51 AM
skoglol skoglol is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 496268
skoglol Reputation: 10
Default

I've experienced this issue in some games, like killing floor. Some times I turn the wrong way when I hear zombies calling out for some [insert preferred tool here] love, as the sound seem reversed. Other times they are where the sound is coming from, and I turn the wrong way as a force of habit. Been trying all modes, but the issue persists.

In addition, while playing wow, ambient sounds would often change between both ears, and one ear on random. It seems the sound placement can be glitchy at times.
Reply With Quote


  #51  
Old 04-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Dreaghon Dreaghon is offline
Registered User
Dreaghon's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 496434
Dreaghon Reputation: 10
Default Same Problem

I purchased my HS1 headset about 4 months ago. The sound is great but I also get the sound reversing. This happens in pretty much everything. I have tested it in World of Warcraft, Torchlight, Fallout: New Vegas, Portal, and a few other games. Streaming video, movie files, and some streaming audio also does it. This seems to be a system wide issue and does not just affect the individual programs that are in use. I have spoken with Customer Service before and they instructed me to switch my audio channels through the control panel. This works for a little while but eventually it switches again. It seems to me that something is triggering a stereo reverse on the driver level. I will try to test the options I have read in here but I doubt they will help. I would rather not have to RMS simply because I don't feel it is necessary for a software/driver level issue.
Reply With Quote


  #52  
Old 04-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Earnhardt Earnhardt is offline
Registered User
Earnhardt's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
POST ID # = 498609
Earnhardt Reputation: 10
Default

same issue here,bought my set of hs1's yesterday,noticed L and R are switched when in Bad company 2.also a popping sound when game loading.any updates yet?

Last edited by Earnhardt; 04-17-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #53  
Old 04-18-2011, 02:27 PM
RAM GUY's Avatar
RAM GUY RAM GUY is offline
Corsair Product Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 118,268
POST ID # = 498698
RAM GUY Reputation: 10
Default

We are still investigating the issue, but there is not an ETA for a driver update at this time.
__________________
Support accounts and tickets can be created at https://support.corsair.com.
Reply With Quote


  #54  
Old 04-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Earnhardt Earnhardt is offline
Registered User
Earnhardt's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
POST ID # = 498721
Earnhardt Reputation: 10
Default

thats ok,after trying everything with them,i gave up,returned them this morn.no problem with them now!
Reply With Quote


  #55  
Old 05-05-2011, 12:54 PM
ProblematicHS1 ProblematicHS1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6
POST ID # = 501153
ProblematicHS1 Reputation: 10
Default

Same problem here. Noticed it while playing CS 1.6, and it's pretty damn frustrating when I think the enemies are coming from the left, when they are coming from the right. It seems to happen when switching from desktop to game or the other way around. It happens many times an hour, if I switch between the game and desktop a lot.

I have a Realtek onboard soundcard, and I have the drivers installed for it. I don't know if I have to use the realtek drivers, but I have a lot of other audio sources (speakers, other headset, TV) so for now I will use it.

I'll try uninstalling your drivers and see if it gets better.

Edit: Closing comment: It's a pretty big flaw that the drivers switches orientation Left/Right. I think you should prioritize fixing it. I'm considering using my 14-day buyer's remorse.

Edit2: The problem persists after uninstalling driver. I don't know the implications of that. How are the headphones "driven" without official drivers? Windows generic drivers? Maybe that's useful information for you people...

Last edited by ProblematicHS1; 05-05-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #56  
Old 05-05-2011, 07:56 PM
RAM GUY's Avatar
RAM GUY RAM GUY is offline
Corsair Product Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 118,268
POST ID # = 501228
RAM GUY Reputation: 10
Default

For anyone experiencing the left/right swapping issue, are you able to duplicate it on multiple systems or is it only one main system that causes it? I've spent hours trying to duplicate this using various hardware and software mentioned in this thread but I have not been able to get it to happen. This leads me to suspect that its not a driver issue entirely, but possibly the driver is conflicting with some other hardware or software that is on the system. Also it may be a good idea to unplug any USB devices from the system and see if there is any difference, this should at least rule out any interference with other USB devices (leave mouse and keyboard plugged in).

If it were solely a driver issue, then I think we would see many more people posting about it, and it would be much easier for us to reproduce. I suspect there could be a problem with the driver, but only when running along with certain hardware and/or software.

The best way to figure out the source of the problem would be to simplify your hardware and software as much as possible until you can get to the point where the issue disappears. That way we may be able to isolate some possible sources of the conflict.

If you are getting the issues without the HS1 driver installed then please Request an RMA. If they are not working the way that they should on your system, and you have any trouble exchanging or returning them to the reseller then please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see what alternative options may be available.
__________________
Support accounts and tickets can be created at https://support.corsair.com.
Reply With Quote


  #57  
Old 05-06-2011, 10:18 AM
ProblematicHS1 ProblematicHS1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6
POST ID # = 501278
ProblematicHS1 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
For anyone experiencing the left/right swapping issue, are you able to duplicate it on multiple systems or is it only one main system that causes it? I've spent hours trying to duplicate this using various hardware and software mentioned in this thread but I have not been able to get it to happen. This leads me to suspect that its not a driver issue entirely, but possibly the driver is conflicting with some other hardware or software that is on the system. Also it may be a good idea to unplug any USB devices from the system and see if there is any difference, this should at least rule out any interference with other USB devices (leave mouse and keyboard plugged in).

If it were solely a driver issue, then I think we would see many more people posting about it, and it would be much easier for us to reproduce. I suspect there could be a problem with the driver, but only when running along with certain hardware and/or software.

The best way to figure out the source of the problem would be to simplify your hardware and software as much as possible until you can get to the point where the issue disappears. That way we may be able to isolate some possible sources of the conflict.

If you are getting the issues without the HS1 driver installed then please Request an RMA. If they are not working the way that they should on your system, and you have any trouble exchanging or returning them to the reseller then please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see what alternative options may be available.
As I said, RAM GUY, I got the problem both with and without the official drivers. When I uninstalled the drivers, Windows automatically "configured" the device and probably downloaded some other drivers. So it's definately not isolated to the official drivers alone.

As a customer it's not really very appealing to do extensive error searching, as I still have my 14-day buyer's remorse.

I do however hope that Corsair will be able to fix this, so that I may feel safe when purchasing a Corsair product in the future. I think most of your other products are fairly good.
Reply With Quote


  #58  
Old 05-06-2011, 02:44 PM
RAM GUY's Avatar
RAM GUY RAM GUY is offline
Corsair Product Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 118,268
POST ID # = 501307
RAM GUY Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblematicHS1 View Post
As I said, RAM GUY, I got the problem both with and without the official drivers. When I uninstalled the drivers, Windows automatically "configured" the device and probably downloaded some other drivers. So it's definately not isolated to the official drivers alone.

As a customer it's not really very appealing to do extensive error searching, as I still have my 14-day buyer's remorse.

I do however hope that Corsair will be able to fix this, so that I may feel safe when purchasing a Corsair product in the future. I think most of your other products are fairly good.
If you are getting the issues without the driver and on multiple systems then its likely a hardware problem and you should Request an RMA.
__________________
Support accounts and tickets can be created at https://support.corsair.com.
Reply With Quote


  #59  
Old 05-07-2011, 02:56 AM
vohk vohk is offline
Registered User
vohk's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
POST ID # = 501402
vohk Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
If you are getting the issues without the driver and on multiple systems then its likely a hardware problem and you should Request an RMA.
While my personal version of this has been jury-rigged (conflict with a Behringer USB analog input driver; must disable driver while using HS1), please humour me- how exactly would replacing the headset with an identical model solve the problem?

Would it be safe to assume that an actual solution, re: new driver, will not be forthcoming?
Reply With Quote


  #60  
Old 05-09-2011, 12:52 PM
RAM GUY's Avatar
RAM GUY RAM GUY is offline
Corsair Product Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 118,268
POST ID # = 501675
RAM GUY Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vohk View Post
While my personal version of this has been jury-rigged (conflict with a Behringer USB analog input driver; must disable driver while using HS1), please humour me- how exactly would replacing the headset with an identical model solve the problem?

Would it be safe to assume that an actual solution, re: new driver, will not be forthcoming?
If you have problems without the driver installed, then I doubt the driver is causing the problems. If you have the same issues on multiple systems, then its unlikely a compatibility issue with any of the hardware on your main system. I suspect the problem lies with the headset itself, likely with the volume controller pod if I had to guess.
__________________
Support accounts and tickets can be created at https://support.corsair.com.
Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.