Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2019, 10:30 PM

POST ID # = 1000581
dustzzzz Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
If you click the lighting channel 1 or 2 in iCUE, it should reveal a 'hardware lighting' option in the left menu. This is what you see at boot as well. There are some limitations, but you can set the colors there and they will run without iCUE. The RAM is already saving to the device each time. The H115i Pro will do it's thing as long as you are using coolant temp as the control variable for your curves.

However, This may be ducking the issue. Just from I can see in your task manager snippets, your other programs are using considerably more memory than the same on my PC. My Steam Client WebHelper and Discord are using drastically less memory and those are the only ones I can see. These amounts of memory usage are fairly pitiful in comparison to the whole, so trying to reconfigure to run without it to save a few Chrome tabs worth of memory seems a bit drastic, but that is your call.
So I have set the boot lighting so everything is the color I want even with iCUE closed. Even with icue closed I still have corsair.service and I cannot end the service. I normally have a bunch of steam windows open so it explains the high steam usage but heres a picture with google chrome and steam open.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:59 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1000590
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

That may explain the discrepancy with Steam. I only ever have the main window open. Chrome is way too variable to know what's going on and obviously the web page has a dramatic effect on how many resources are in use. You can't right click and "end task" for the Corsair Service? If you go to the start-up tab and disable iCUE from the launching at boot, the service should also not load.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:49 AM

POST ID # = 1000743
dustzzzz Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
That may explain the discrepancy with Steam. I only ever have the main window open. Chrome is way too variable to know what's going on and obviously the web page has a dramatic effect on how many resources are in use. You can't right click and "end task" for the Corsair Service? If you go to the start-up tab and disable iCUE from the launching at boot, the service should also not load.
Yeah I'm unable to end the task if its running. Currently the fix is to not run iCUE at all on start up, I have the color profiles loaded to the hardware. Rip software.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:49 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1000749
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

If the "iCUE application" is still running when you try to quit the services, they will instantly relaunch. If you quit the iCUE app first and this still happens, something is wrong. The last time you did the re-install, did you delete all the settings? Obviously that should not be necessary, but rogue behavior seems like some type of corruption somewhere. Go to C:User/(name)/App Data (hidden folder)/Roaming and copy the Corsair/CUE folder to a safe place. Those are all your profiles, settings, icons, and links. Uninstall iCUE through the Windows uninstaller. Check the box the delete all settings. I guess if you have Revo, IOBit, or any of the other professional uninstaller, give it a run. I am curious if it will find anything left over. Reinstall 3.14 without the setting folder and see if behavior has changed. If it works, quit iCUE and drop the Corsair/CUE folder back into the Roaming folder. Next time you launch iCUE the settings will have returned.