The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2019, 09:44 PM

POST ID # = 1000716
Usurp33 Reputation: 10
Default iCue Ver.3.14.104 (and prev. patch) Disabling "Back" Function of Mouse4 on M65 Pro.

Hello,

This issue is related to my M65 PRO RGB.

I keep running into this issue everytime I have to reinstall iCue for whatever reason. The last 2 versions of iCue have essentially disabled the functionality of Mouse4 in Windows 10 file folders, Web browsers, games, etc. I havent tested much other software as I have been having to keep formatting due to other hardware RMAs and Windows awful updates lol.

If I revert back to the last version I had downloaded (Ver.3.11.114) then I regain those functions without issue and my mouse is fine.

I believe I found reference to this maybe a month or 2 ago somewhere but I can not recall where. The way I recall it being explained was that iCue now asks you to map the key itself?

If that is the case, will this be the intention of the software moving forward for Corsair mice and driver software? If so I will most certainly move to another brand even though I have purchased the last 4 sets of RAM, 3 Power supplies, 3 Mince, 2 Keyboards, and a desk mat from Corsair. Please fix this atrocious functionality!

Any fixes or workarounds known?
Old 04-08-2019, 12:06 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1000725
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

I am not exactly sure where this idea originated, but the basic forward/back mouse side key functionality has not changed for the M65 or any other mouse on the last several versions of iCUE. Most often when people run into problems with basic mouse button functionality, something is wrong with the iCUE installation. The easiest step is to open the application list in settings, then right click iCUE and run a repair of the installation. If that does not work, you want to try a clean install of the software. First, open your C:User/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming folder and copy the Corsair/CUE folder stack to a safe location. This is all of your profiles, screens, icons, and settings. Uninstall iCUE and click the box to delete all settings. Re-install the current iCUE version. Test the for/back mechanic. If OK, quit iCUE, then drop the saved Corsair/CUE stack back in the Roaming folder. Then relaunch iCUE. All your old profiles will be there.

Presumably you have already checked your profiles themselves for any unexpected values or assignments. There have been glitches when importing old CUE 2 profiles or when sharing profiles with others.