The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 786652
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Firstly, I said there are AMD and NVIDIA SDKs and there is no CL SDK. This is a statement of fact and I did not make any analogies.
No, you just said "well AMD and NVIDIA release SDKs so you should release an SDK." They release SDKs for graphics hardware.

You want an SDK but you're not going to get one because there's no reason to produce one.

Quote:
I would be interested to hear Corsair's comments on http://forums.aida64.com/topic/1596-...k-information/ in which the Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:38 AM states "Corsair said they will roll out a brand new software stack with 3rd party applications support sometime next year" and confirms my deduction.
False, actually. The PM doesn't understand where the dev was coming from with that post, ignoring for a moment that it's a year and a half old.

Quote:
And finally, I assume the organ grinders have a better understanding of software development and API requirements than the monkey so look forward to the CL4 technical overview of the revised architecture being published.
Watch your tone, you're already on thin ice around here.

It's extremely unlikely that any kind of detailed technical documentation for CL4 will be authored or provided as again, there's no need for it.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:08 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 786672
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircuitWizardry View Post
It appears that Corsair also lacks the resources to keep their word.

We were promised 2/11/15 by Cool Guy, that a release that fixed the largest issues was close. Here we are over 4 months later, and the fixes have yet to arrive. Even worse, nary a peep about when we might get something.

We were also promised that a halfway release of Link would not be made. That the focus was on fixing the product for those of us who purchased. Then it came time to put out the new H80i GT and H100i GTX coolers, that promise was put aside, as Corsair put out a new release that failed to fix the big problems for existing products, yet supported the new coolers.

I'm tired of the lame excuses. Companies who want to get things done, figure out a way. The issue is that this just isn't that important for Corsair, or they'd figure out a way to get this done quickly.

I'd be willing to put a big bet down, that at the 5 month mark, we'll still lack Link software that fixes the biggest issues, like having to edit the registry, fix issues with updating firmware in CL devices, and fix the issues with the LED colors on the H100i. Which Corsair employee is ready to help me get back some of that money wasted on an H100i?
Link doesn't impact the performance of the H100i cooler. However, if you're not happy with the product regardless, feel free to setup a ticket here at https://corsair.secure.force.com and ping me your ticket number. I can request a refund for you provided you have an official invoice.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 06-26-2015, 01:55 AM

POST ID # = 786770
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Link doesn't impact the performance of the H100i cooler. However, if you're not happy with the product regardless, feel free to setup a ticket here at https://corsair.secure.force.com and ping me your ticket number. I can request a refund for you provided you have an official invoice.
It does impact the performance, because using Link I can't do what I was promised to be able to do. I had an RMA, and decided it wasn't worth the time to box it, pay to send it off, be out the tax and fees to send it off. So I relegated it to another system where it is overkill running in it's stock profile, and I don't even try to control it with Link.

I do appreciate how you try to deflect the post by focusing on one unit, and ignore the rest of the post, where I disclose the promises made and not kept by Corsair, to the majority of your customers.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:28 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 786782
red-ray Reputation: 81
Default I asked for an overview CL 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
You want an SDK but you're not going to get one because there's no reason to produce one.

It's extremely unlikely that any kind of detailed technical documentation for CL4 will be authored or provided as again, there's no need for it.
OK. If Corsair do not wish to release one that is fine. The aspect that confused me was that you seemed to be saying that SDKs for Coolers were totally different to SDKs for GPUs.

I asked for an overview of CL 4.

Had I realised the meaning was different in the US I would not have used the idiom and apologise for doing so.

Last edited by red-ray; 06-26-2015 at 05:53 AM.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:05 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 790296
Thumbs down The H110iGTX Cooler is also not Windows Compliant

The H110iGTX Cooler is also not Windows Compliant as they all have the same serial number of "7289_1.0".

I have also noted that the CL v3.1.5570 driver does not support the H110iGTX. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=790088.

Attached Images
File Type: png H110iGTX.png (36.5 KB, 2731 views)

Old 07-20-2015, 12:19 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 790344
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I'm going to check in on the H110i GTX compatibility with Link.

You can imagine how thrilled I'd be to find out we released a cooler without having software available to actually drive it.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 790444
COOL GUY Reputation: 20

Quote:
Is there a firmware update to make the original CL Commander Windows Compliant please?
No, there will be no firmware update for any of the devices you have mentioned for individual serial numbers as we have our own internal way of identifying hardware in our software.

Quote:
The H110iGTX Cooler is also not Windows Compliant as they all have the same serial number of "7289_1.0".

I have also noted that the CL v3.1.5570 driver does not support the H110iGTX.
A version was released a few hours ago that does support the H110i GTX unit.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:12 AM
Killville's PC Specs

POST ID # = 790460
Killville Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL GUY View Post
A version was released a few hours ago that does support the H110i GTX unit.
Custom curve work now ?

Edit: Work fine finally

Last edited by Killville; 07-21-2015 at 02:50 AM.

Old 07-22-2015, 06:15 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 790719
Arrow Corsair have hardware that is not Windows compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL GUY View Post
No, there will be no firmware update for any of the devices you have mentioned for individual serial numbers as we have our own internal way of identifying hardware in our software.
That is not the issue. Corsair have hardware that is not Windows compliant. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr.../hh998535.aspx specifies:
Quote:
USB serial numbers are optional for all other device classes. However, if you implement the serial-number feature, all devices of the same model must have unique serial numbers.
Given this I can't see how Corsair ran the Microsoft tests and got the hydros7289.inf signed by Microsoft. I suspect either it's not Microsoft Signed or that test was not run. As I don't have an Asetek cooler I can't really check.

Last edited by red-ray; 07-22-2015 at 06:32 AM.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:31 AM
sebastiannielse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 790762
sebastiannielse Reputation: 14

red-ray: WHQL is optional from Window vista and forwards to get the driver signed. But the WHQL seal may not be put on hardware that is not WHQL compliant. As you can see on the packaging, theres only the Corsair Link seal, no WHQL seal ("Certified for Microsoft Windows")
WHQL and non-WHQL drivers use different signing roots.

On Windows XP however, WHQL is mandatory to get the driver signed, as XP do only posess the WHQL root, not the non-WHQL root.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:19 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 792627
Arrow IgnoreHWSerNum setup for Corsair Link PMBus Bridge Example

I have now made the IgnoreHWSerNum (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=746122) changes to my system for my Original Link Commander (Corsair Link PMBus Bridge) and NZXT Kraken (Asetek VI USB Device).

Checking the Device Instance Path I can see that it worked. Before it was USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02\CL-9011101-WW and now it is USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02\6&1B732708&0&2 so I now know this work-a-round will work.

Attached Images
File Type: png IgnoreHWSerNum Show.png (33.8 KB, 1027 views)
File Type: png IgnoreHWSerNum Edit.png (11.5 KB, 893 views)
File Type: png IgnoreHWSerNum Path.png (22.1 KB, 837 views)
File Type: png IgnoreHWSerNum Before.png (21.8 KB, 903 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 08-03-2015 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Typos and add Link

Old 08-02-2015, 01:40 PM

POST ID # = 793133
sunthief Reputation: 10

Just a short question concerning the serial number of the coolers: If all have "7289_1.0", shouldn't the differecnt cooler versions 80i, 100i and 110i get confused bei Windows and Link as well? Not just the same models?

Oh and do you think you could write a short tutorial for your workaround? I dont really get what you did, especially wirth your siv software.

Best

Last edited by sunthief; 08-02-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793134
Arrow No, they have different Product IDs (PIDs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunthief View Post
Just a short question concerning the serial number of the coolers: If all have "7289_1.0", shouldn't the differecnt cooler versions 80i, 100i and 110i get confused bei Windows and Link as well? Not just the same models?

Oh and do you think you could write a short tutorial for your workaround? I dont really get what you did, especially wirth your siv software.
No, they have different Product IDs (PIDs/model numbers).

This is not my work-a-round. It is a standard facility within Windows provided by Microsoft that I used. I feel that https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...or=-2147217396 has all the information you need so you need to ask Microsoft for the guide or for https://corsair.secure.force.com/ to write you one.

I feel a guide is the wrong solution and prefer to be told the problem rather than a solution. I also feel please and thank you are good words.

As I suspected some may find the registry edits tricky I have been pondering how this could be made simpler. I have now extended SIV so IgnoreHWSerNum can set setup with 3 mouse presses, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=793207.

Last edited by red-ray; 08-03-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:42 AM

POST ID # = 793251
Nadar Reputation: 12

Quote:
For this issue specifically, we can report this to the devs but this isn't a big priority in my opinion.
Let me just be sure that I got you right. What I think you are saying is that "If any customer is stupid enough to buy two commanders or have both a commander and a H100i GTX, they should just suffer - such customers are not a priority."

I've read it again and again, and can't get myself not to be provoked by this. I happen to have both a "old" commander and a H100i GTX and I don't normally regard myself to be so stupid that I should be forgotten/not cared about. If your meant to say anything else, please inform me as I can't understand how is can mean anything else.

I have felt stupid since I bought the second Link capable device (fool me once...), but to be told by Corsair that I am because of that is rather unexpected and frankly quite shocking.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:28 PM
ImtheBest's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793282
ImtheBest Reputation: 9
Send a message via Skype™ to ImtheBest

Quote:
Red-ray, please keep in mind these are User Forums, not official Corsair Support forums. Not every thread will have us replying.

For this issue specifically, we can report this to the devs but this isn't a big priority in my opinion.

Well then get to Work Corsair. Because its seems to be an issue to me. And I'm still having issues with Corsair Link for Windows 10 And still nothing done about this. I don't blame Corsair! I blame Microsoft for not assuring all venders are ready for windows 10 Corsair is a BIG Company so they should have made sure everyone was on broad.