The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 107 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Shuudoushi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 702216
Shuudoushi Reputation: 10

The blinking doesn't really bother me... But the echo in 5.1 and 7.1 HAS TO BE FIXED.
Hell, give me the source code, I'll build the damn drivers for you, for free!!!

(Just check my computer specs for my headset model.)

Old 03-20-2014, 09:41 AM
razblack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 702261
razblack Reputation: 10

sabertooth x79
windows 8.1
vengeance 2000
realtek HD audio : R2.73
corsair driver : 2.0.26

gave this latest driver a go, and it was a "no go"

reverted back to complete uninstall of corsair drivers and using default windows 8.1 vengeance 2000 driver (6.3.9600.16490) from 12/12/2013 as this stupid thing would never play nicely with the realtek stereo mixer which is a MUST if you like to record audio from other sources.

no dolby, but I just don't care at this point as I would have to fiddle with the crappy realtek UI, audio settings, and the settings with this thing to get it working... really a pain.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:19 AM
st0neh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 702265
st0neh Reputation: 20

I think I managed like 4 days before I gave up on the new driver after the absurd memory leak.

Back to the 1.1. I don't know why I even bother trying anything else at this point.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:11 PM

POST ID # = 702864
m4gic Reputation: 10

A bit of a workaround for people with the low mic issue.

There's a program called Voicemeeter that will allow you to add a significant amount of gain, has a compressor/gate, among other things. Only downsides I've found is that it has to be running while using it, and it tends to crash when audio devices are removed (so don't unplug the USB receiver while it's running).

The software is free (donationware) and there's a pdf instruction manual on the site, but for our purposes you just need to set Voicemeeter to input from the corsair headset (from within voicemeeter software) and then set your default recording device in windows to voicemeeter's output. Then you can control the gain from within the software.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:47 AM
vexed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 703108
vexed Reputation: 20

So far the driver has been ok, with areas for improvement

Headset seems responsive and the levels are ok (i generally have the volume no higher than 20%) otherwise its uncomfortably loud, audio quality is ok in games and music, but im no audiophile.

I would like to see noise cancellation and background noise removal options in the driver for the mic like it was in previous versions, as using clients such as Teamspeak doesnt filter out background noise as well as say the previous drivers for windows 8 prior to 8.1 being released.

Memory leaks - not noticed any. i've had the headset running for 12hours and its using no more than i would expect a driver to use (isnt using 8gigs or something crazy :lol: )

I hope to see a new update soon.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:21 PM
snostorm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 703185
snostorm Reputation: 10

Ok i downloaded latest driver and the equalizer application seems like its lacking some of the features I have seen in pictures it seems like a stripped down version. Am I missing something here?

Old 03-29-2014, 09:18 PM
AzureRaptor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 703378
AzureRaptor Reputation: 10

I just registered here solely to add another voice about this horrific driver release. I'm experiencing the issues regarding mic/volume level already described in good detail here, so I won't add verbage about that.

I do, however, have to ask WHAT IN FSM'S NAME was the dev thinking who instituted that godawful blinking "feature" on the volume lights when the mic is (supposed to be) muted? Did you people let somebody check something in _after_ they'd been given a termination notice? That's the only way I can account for a design decision like that that's almost _guaranteed_ to annoy the sane, not to mention the trainwreck of regressions this rev is. :\

Can we get _any_ kind of official response here that anybody at Corsair gives a #### anymore?

Old 03-30-2014, 11:33 PM

POST ID # = 703509
klipjohn Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureRaptor View Post
I just registered here solely to add another voice about this horrific driver release. I'm experiencing the issues regarding mic/volume level already described in good detail here, so I won't add verbage about that.

I do, however, have to ask WHAT IN FSM'S NAME was the dev thinking who instituted that godawful blinking "feature" on the volume lights when the mic is (supposed to be) muted? Did you people let somebody check something in _after_ they'd been given a termination notice? That's the only way I can account for a design decision like that that's almost _guaranteed_ to annoy the sane, not to mention the trainwreck of regressions this rev is. :\

Can we get _any_ kind of official response here that anybody at Corsair gives a #### anymore?

Official response:

Return your purchase and buy something else. Seriously, don't even bother.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:22 AM
mbo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 704508
mbo Reputation: 10

Most of my problems with my 1500 v2 disappeared after I disabled all other audio devices (included on-board audio) in Windows Control Panel. I run Win 8.1 64. I need to set the mick to 9 only otherwise it is too sensitive. I'm happy with this headset but yeah the blinking light is annoying!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:24 AM
vexed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 705396
vexed Reputation: 20

Judging by the lack of official response regarding my question about any future driver including "microphone background noise cancellation" im guessing this will be added at "some point". The lack of driver updates which is now approaching 2 months to add such basic features, which can be found on previous drivers and other vendors products is disappointing.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:50 PM

POST ID # = 705783
vizionblind Reputation: 10

question.... if you have 7.1 mode on and the game only has 5.1 support, will it just auto go to 5.1 mode? in other words.... should I just keep it on 7.1 all the time?

Old 04-17-2014, 04:32 AM

POST ID # = 705814
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

@vizionblind

I don't think it would automatically change the source type to 5.1 Surround but it will play the audio normally. I would suggest changing the source type to 5.1 Surround (as it has Prologix IIx while 7.1 does not) and see if it sounds "better" than 7.1 in your game.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:22 PM

POST ID # = 706039
andygully Reputation: 10

i have the v2000 wireless version windows 8.1 64bit with these drivers the headset crackles and hisses.
Also the mic is very low.
I have uninstalled the drivers as the default windows version works but is only stereo so not at all happy as you would imagine

Old 04-19-2014, 05:58 AM
havocwreaker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 706127
havocwreaker Reputation: 10

Just installed these for my 2100 headset. I haven't tested the mic in games yet, but the headset sound isn't bad. It required a little tweaking, mainly ensuring that in the configuration options full range speakers are not enabled.

There is good bass response and the treble gets clear signals across.

I do have a complaint. I am noticing slightly more speaker "hiss" as in gain. I never noticed it this bad in the previous driver. After some time of not listening to music it gets annoying. I'll keep playing with different settings to see what can minimize this hiss.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Sandulf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 706158
Sandulf Reputation: 10

This is a complete ****ing joke now. Ever since I've had this headset (January 2013) the drivers have always had issues, I even had to RMA my first headset due to one of the speakers dying after a few months.

How hard can it be to boost the mic, remove the constant whining whever the mic is in use, let us CHOOSE and customize the reverb when in 5.1 or 7.1 mode and lower the overall output volume? I've never had this new headset set over 10 volume as doing so would be seriously bad for one's aural health.

As soon as this headset dies I'm buying a pair of Senheisers and a Mod Mic, I've had enough of ****ty, overpriced headsets.

Tags
2.0.26, headset, vengeance