Corsair Community

Link Software Update Release Candidate Version 2.4.5110

wasted

Installed this today and its nice to see finally my samsung ssd is detected properly but unfortunately it seems to have broken more than its fixed for me.

My cooling temps attached to the cooling node no longer work at all, they all read 0.0 and nothing ive tried changes it.

All my fans which previous all worked with custom curves now dont, i have to set them all to max

My leds which did work right about 80% of the time now seem to have a mind of there own no matter which setting i use.

This release (for me atleast) seems to be a big step backwards. And im really anoyed about the cooling temps after we were told that the cooling node would continue to be supported.

I know this is beta but compared to the previous version this is much much worse.

Id be interested to hear if others experience these issues with this release

p.s ive also found every so often the program freezes, taskman says its still running ok but the program is totally unresponcive and i end up having to kill the task with task manager.

• Corsair Employee

Thank you for the feedback Wasted. I would love to hear any sort of bug or error that may occur with this update.

For now though, would fully uninstall Link and reinstall with this same revision.

I would also recommend reinstalled the previous revision if all else fails.

I've had the exact opposite experience of Wasted.

Running Windows 8, and 2.4.5110 is operating exactly like 2.4.4948 and 2.4.5065.

Cooling Node and Lighting Node operational with all devices (fans, probes, leds).

The only device still missing for me is a Plextor SSD, but that wasn't visible in the previous versions either.

The only "bug" for me is the erroneous CPU temperatures, but it is stated that AMD 6 core CPUs will not be properly reported.

AND, with the previous versions, periodically I'd receive the "Corsair Link Stopped Working". This necessitated closing Link, using Task Manager to end the CorsairLINK Hardware Monitor, and then reopening Corsair Link. 2.4.5110 has been running for four days, and has not stopped working.

RodeoGeorge

Ive been trying various different things such as changing usb, leaving the whole thing powered off for hour or so, cleaned out the windows registery and along the way i came across something rather funny.

If i change my temp to show in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius they all work perfectly but as soon as i return to Celsius they all go back to 0.0

so who forgot to put in the Celsius equations hehe :laughing:

JOKE

Though I doubt it, possibly you have the only CPU made in the USA, and it doesn't do celsius.

RodeoGeorge

lol, or maybe i got the only irish cpu.

but seriously the cpu/h80i temps are fine they report correctly probably due to it not being connected to the command unit. The temps im talking about are the thermal sensors that come with the cooling node but as i say it no biggie, I was really just giving feed back rather than complaining. The important temps are reported so i can live with the others being in Fahrenheit untill the next release.

I had a weird thing happen with the thermal sensors attached to the cooling node. A sensor that I've placed on the North Bridge started showing "0" in Link. It was reading correctly, and the custom curve speeds changed as the temperature changed, but the display for that sensor showed "0".

I interchanged two of the probes, and the problem remained with the sensor #4 display. That is, the sensor that showed 0 worked correctly on the sensor 1, 2, or 3 input of the Cooling Node.

I uninstalled Link 2.4.5110, re-installed Link 2.4.5110, and the display was back. However after a reboot it returned to "0" for input #4.

I uninstalled Link 2.4.5110, and installed Link 2.4.5065, and the problem is resolved. So I'm sticking with 2.4.5065 for now.

Oh, and in the event that there might have been a conflict between the Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller running Phoebetria, I uninstalled Phoebetria during the trouble shooting process. Now both Link and Phoebetria are coexisting without any problems.

Ah, the joys of complex systems.

RodeoGeorge

I had a weird thing happen with the thermal sensors attached to the cooling node. A sensor that I've placed on the North Bridge started showing "0" in Link. It was reading correctly, and the custom curve speeds changed as the temperature changed, but the display for that sensor showed "0".

I interchanged two of the probes, and the problem remained with the sensor #4 display. That is, the sensor that showed 0 worked correctly on the sensor 1, 2, or 3 input of the Cooling Node.

I uninstalled Link 2.4.5110, re-installed Link 2.4.5110, and the display was back. However after a reboot it returned to "0" for input #4.

I uninstalled Link 2.4.5110, and installed Link 2.4.5065, and the problem is resolved. So I'm sticking with 2.4.5065 for now.

Same, I think, problem. Sensor attached to #4 now shows zero. where it was reporting normally on the previous release. I haven't had the time to try replugging things yet, so will update when I can make the time.

Not a major problem, for me 2.4.5110 is an improvement.

• 3 weeks later...
after allot of digging around and allot of frustration later (with my new h100 and corsair link) if i run the 2.4.5110 then the temperature of my h100 rarely shows but any earlier release works fine.(I was using 2.3.4816 and just fund where to download 2.4.5065 that seems to be working just as well for now)

so after trying 2.4.5065 for a wile that one seems to keep adding multiples of everything and picking what one it decides to display the temp on. so I am back to 2.3.4816. wishing the best but I am very close to giving up on having my corsair link work properly.

• 1 month later...

I've owned a Corsair H80i Cooler since August, 2013. Other than having difficulties installing it (cramped case space, and those stiff cooling hoses). Once I got it installed, I must say I was impressed with it's cooling abilities, and I found the Corsair Link software to be a nice bonus.

Two days ago I checked to see if a software/firmware update was available, and found that there had been several released since my original version of Corsair Link (my original version was v2.3.4816). So, after searching around, I downloaded the latest release of Corsair Link (v2.4.5110) from this link:

http://www.corsair.com/us/hydro-series-h80i-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

Mind you, the above link mentioned nothing about "how" to properly install the software... the download was just the software executable. So silly me, I just ran the excutable, and during the install I got a BSOD. Long story short, and several BSODs later, I ended up going into safe mode, and was able to uninstall the original version, which by the way, under regular windows uninstall also caused a BSOD.

So, I finally got the v2.4.5110 installed. Then when I opened Corsair Link, a number of things were broken. The LED could not be set for temperature ranges. Two new devices were added CPU Activity, and CPU Average Temperature, but the original CPU devices (%, Temperature) were still present, but not working. The fan indicators didn't always work, as well as the temperature. Restarting Corsair Link Hardware monitor from Corsair Link did not work.

Frustrated, I did some more investigating and ended up at this forum, and found the link:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=118617

which lists the latest releases of Corsair Link. And I'm glad I found it because

it mentions for several recent versions (not the latest though):

"Please Note you must delete any saved Profiles and uninstall the old

version and reboot the system before you install the latest software.

And some CPU's may not show proper CPU Temp in C-Link application

(AMD 6 Core and Intel Haswell CPU's)"

So, I followed those instructions and FINALLY got Corsair Link v2.4.5110 working. Everything is working great, except for one odd thing:

If I change "Corsair Link -> Options -> Show Temperature in..." from

Celsius to Fahrenheit, the Graph continues to display Celsius, but under

the System tab, the temperatures do change to Fahrenheit.

Complicating things, under the Groups tab, the temperature values are in

Celsius, but Fahrenheit degree symbol is appended to each Celsius value!

This is not a huge issue for me, since I typical configure the Temperature to

display Celsius. But, it is a bug I think with this version (and possible earlier

versions?) and should be fixed.

I also think the page where the software downloads are found should list the proper procedure for installing new Corsair Link updates (like this forum does).

Other than that v2.4.5110 is working great on my system.

there used to be dozens of remnant files left over in the registry when doing an uninstall of link,since then corsair has done a fair job of having most of these being deleted but there are still a few being left over.

theres one in particular that stays that i feel may cause problems with future link installs and that is the ''corsairlinkhardwaremonitor.exe''

when i do a uninstall i always make sure this file is also deleted from the registry...

Good advice Wytnyt.

At first when uninstalling I used a utility called

Advanced System Care Ultimate (I used their uninstall utility, which does

the same thing as windows uninstall but gives you the option of scanning

the registry for any related entries and deleting them), but that did a BSOD

initially, so I reverted to regular Windows uninstall (also did a BSOD).

I finally got things sorted (going to single user mode and doing an uninstall),

and eventually, after the last iteration (deleting the profile files) I was able

to again use Advanced System Care Ultimate's uninstall and also delete the

registry entries.

As I pointed out, all is working EXCEPT the odd Farenheit readings; that is, only the system tab shows correct farenheit temp readings, the Graph tab shows

Celsius instead of Farenheit, and the Groups tab is screwy, since it shows Celisius values with a Farenheit temperature indicat ("F degrees").

So, given I removed all registry entries, deleted the profiles, I don't think anything was left around that should screw up the farenheit temps.

As I recall it worked under the version I updated from (see earlier post).

I could try deleteing the profiles, uninstalling this latest version (and cleaning out the registry entries), and then reinstall the older version I got with my H80i... but I'm not in the mood.

I think it might be a bug, but I'm just not in the mood to fault isolate and prove it. It's a minor annoyance; although sometimes I do like to see the temperatures in Farenheit (me living in the US and all, that's the temperature standard here).

I'll just have to use my handy temp conversion tool from the web....lol.

Cheers

:sigh!:

Archived